Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

There’s a picture- right there

1 Like

I’m checking them against something that I didn’t post too. Maybe footballs.
:woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I was commenting that the company was selling other masks at traditional prices and one product was even double I was trying to figure out why that particular mask would be on clearance at such a ridiculously low price.

Sorry for a little discussion about mask prices.

I know what you were doing.

2 Likes

I don’t think I could give my business to Uline.

I have ordered masks just a couple of times, from WellBefore, a company in Texas. I was happy with their customer service, but I haven’t been able to discover anything about their politics. I tried (sometime within the last year) to research the company and owners online—in terms of what issues/politicians they back, etc.—and didn’t come up with anything. Does anyone here have that kind of info about them? I’d appreciate knowing, if you do.

5 Likes

Didn’t seem like it.

Only to you

2 Likes
5 Likes

The CEO of ULine, Liz Uihline, got an exemption from COVID restrictions to come to visit the :canada: operations in 2020. A meeting was held in contravention of restrictions, and there was an outcry.

Then karma caught up with her.

6 Likes

Yeah, there are a number of reasons that Uline and the Uihleins will not get any of my money.

That’s why I’d love to know more about the company WellBefore (which I did actually buy my masks from) before I recommend them to others (or buy more from them myself).

(Also: I’m impressed by the level of reporting in those two CBC articles. That’s a lot of detail!)

9 Likes

10 Likes

Sheesh, fucking idiots.

And also, a great example of how trying to convince far-right loonies with facts and reason is a total waste of time.

16 Likes

Facts are right wing kryptonite. They avoid them at all costs, mostly because they cannot be relied upon to support a predetermined conclusion. Damn things seem to not care about political positions at all!

9 Likes

I would posit that lack of a proper education is the core reason they’re FAR right-wing. :man_shrugging:

(Not bashing teachers here. Some folks just don’t want to learn.)

ETA: edit

4 Likes

My sense of taste seems to have diminished after my COVID. Which was milder after the paxlovid treatment. Fortunately- it seems to be the only long term symptom. Anything else is just getting old! I had every vaccination possible.

Maybe it’ll come back eventually.

14 Likes

:thinking: Was your sense of smell also affected? There were some articles on how to regain that, which might help since the two are linked.

9 Likes

My sense of smell was always a bit off.

3 Likes

Maybe some of these suggestions will be useful: :crossed_fingers:t4:

9 Likes

Thanks

Having a diminishment & variability in my sense of smell hasn’t always been a negative.

6 Likes

No. Laura! YOU MUST CONSUME AT ALL COSTS! SAVE THE ECONOMY NO MATTER WHAT!

Idiots.

10 Likes