Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

Sad Anthony Anderson GIF

6 Likes

Not exactly, it just makes it inconsistent. Lacking more data, that’s pretty much all you can conclude.

11 Likes

I know you don’t get Covid that way but let’s just say, of all people, if I have to meet a politician I don’t shake hands.

They seem pretty relieved too.

6 Likes

You mean I shouldn’t hug them?

But it makes them so uncomfortable!

2 Likes
1 Like

Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

12 Likes

“There’s essentially no evidence for it,” Ladapo said during the governor’s news conference in Jacksonville. “There’s been no clinical trials done in human beings showing it benefits people. There’s been no trial showing that is a safe product for people.”

Seriously, shut UP!! We know you are an idiot. You can stop proving it any time now.

(ETA: Why are so many gifs like this including racial slurs? Seriously?)

10 Likes
6 Likes

6 Likes

Does anyone know what the buzz is about with the CDC/FDA possibly only approving the updated vaccine for 75+ and immunocompromised?

I keep seeing this quoted from a PBS article a few days ago. It makes no sense to me but neither does the CDC or FDA anymore.

However, the updated booster is not intended for everyone. It’s for people in high-risk groups – those who are age 75 or older, pregnant or immunocompromised, said Offit, who serves on the FDA’s expert panel that reviewed the vaccine companies’ data. Individuals in this group, he explained, stand to benefit the most in part because they account for a disproportionate number of COVID hospitalizations and deaths.

2 Likes

It’s possible that isn’t the indications but rather the rollout plan. Start with elderly and high-risk populatiins then roll it out to lower risk groups over time. Or, like the influenza vaccine, the specific booster is a higher-dose vaccine and the companies will seek approval for lower-dose for other populations.

4 Likes

the office rage GIF

4 Likes

I’ve heard it’s cold and flu season here in Michigan, I’m not sure when that season shifted to the end of summer.

7 Likes

The next sentence, that’s standing alone as its own paragraph after the paragraph you quoted, seems to go with it too—

The general public should not expect to need to receive the latest COVID booster, Offit said.

I did not know that.

2 Likes

… hand them a baby to kiss

or a small animal :rabbit:

2 Likes

… if I go to the clinic in the fall and ask for “the flu shot,” they should know what else I need

Ordinary people should not have to figure it out :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

6 Likes

Especially since he said a few months ago that the covid vaccine would be like the flu vaccine and made available once a year.

5 Likes

I’ve got the perfect one for pols pushing the post-pandemic bs…

3 Likes
7 Likes

Glad I read the article: there’s more to it than what’s in the one-box, which isn’t always the case these days.

6 Likes