Continuing coronavirus happenings (Part 4)

5 Likes

Got boosted this morning. The technician told me the number of vaccine appointments is much higher this year than this time last year. :+1:t4: However, even though the instructions said to bring a CDC card for recording/tracking doses, the technician told me pharmacies no longer use them. :woman_facepalming:t4:

10 Likes

Yep, same here.

“No need anymore for that. Maybe save it as an historical artifact,” said the jabbing young man yesterday.

(And today I feel like I was in a somewhat minor car accident. Hope it doesn’t hit you as hard!)

10 Likes

:grimacing: Whoa, sorry to hear you’re not feeling well! :hugs: That’s it - I’ve gotta hydrate more…

…and move my arm around:

Happy African Dance GIF by Robert E Blackmon

8 Likes

This seems hopeful.

3 Likes

5 Likes

BBC News - Nobel Prize goes to science behind mRNA Covid vaccines

17 Likes

Wait… is it nobel prize week?

7 Likes

Anti-vax judge slapped down for being stupid.

13 Likes
3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

At this point, I’ve given up trying to convince anyone if they’re still unconvinced, so I generally try to shut down the conversation. Either asking, “do you really want to know why I’m being cautious or do you just want to try to convince me to change?” Or being a bit gruff and asking, “hold on, how would you feel if I started telling you that you’re living wrong?“
Because aside from all the obvious public health considerations, which are the worst, that’s basically what it boils down to. They’re telling you, unsolicited, that you’re doing life wrong and that’s just rude.

13 Likes

I have an older friend who, like the rest of the country, is over covid and doesn’t wear a mask.

They asked me to help them with something in their house.

I walked in the door and they already had a mask on for me. That’s how you do it, live your life how you see fit but consider the health of others you know to be taking precautions for their health.

Made me happy.

10 Likes

Sorry about the source but the head doctor wackadoodle is wackadoodling big time.

One of those risks, he said, is something called “negative effectiveness” — a phenomenon in which contact among vaccinated people can result in the vaccines becoming less effective.

Multiple studies across various countries and time periods have demonstrated that after a few months of boosters, the vaccine effectiveness appears to “go negative,” according to Ladapo.

As a physician, Ladapo said he would be “very uncomfortable recommending the new COVID vaccine to anyone at this point in time, given the absence of clinical data.”

He went on, “With the questions about negative efficacy, the persistence of spike protein, and then the stuff we’ve seen related to thromboembolic events like strokes and cardiac injury, I don’t feel comfortable … recommending [the vaccine] to any living being on this planet.”

2 Likes

current observations of negative VE likely stem from the presence of various biases (e.g., exposure differences, testing differences).

tl;dr: Negative efficacy (as regards covid vaccines) is a bullshit, cherry-picking phenomenon that results form very carefully selecting your data for the desired outcome. And this guy is an asshat of the first order.

13 Likes

Thanks doc, I was wondering why that piece of Fox “News” shite is worth linking here in the first place (and now I can rest assured that it isn’t).

5 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Who is dying from COVID now? This group represented 90% of deaths

Almost everybody who has died from COVID so far this year was 65 or older — and many had never been vaccinated.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/dying-covid-now-new-study-shows-who-s-highest-18409105.php

11 Likes