Convicted rapist Brock Turner tries more legal weaseling

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/25/convicted-rapist-brock-turner.html

3 Likes

I’m generally of the opinion that people should be forgivable if they are contrite and seek redemption - you should be able to rise above your past mistakes and try and do better, and a society that lets people improve and contribute is a better one.

I’m also of the opinion that you can push your fucking luck too far and that line was a loooong time ago for this asshole.

34 Likes

Completely obligatory:

I wonder if his victim, Jane Doe, can countersue and maybe get a real conviction for Turner’s repugnant crime this time around?

And before anyone says ‘double jeopardy,’ yes I know; it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

Jeez, what an utter asshole…

31 Likes

Methinks the recidivism rates on rape, particularly when meaningful punishments are not applied, speaks ill of the “forgive upon recalcitrance” approach. Especially with abusers of women, who seem uniquely adept at turning on the waterworks when necessary.

11 Likes

So - you’re just straight up admitting to sexual assault then?

29 Likes

Four words for any judge who seriously considers granting convicted rapist Brock Turner’s request: recalled judge Aaron Persky.

20 Likes

Perhaps El Presidente’ will pardon him or try. Sounds like DJT’s kind of guy.

7 Likes

If this gentleman isn’t careful, he’s going to get a reputation as a bit of a cad.

18 Likes

No haps: state charges, not federal.

Right?

“I only meant to molest her body on the outside of her clothing while she was totally unconscious, your honor; I swear!”

What a complete fuckwad.

27 Likes

Newsflash for Mr. Turner:

You still wanted to have sex with someone without consent. State of dress is irrelevant.

Oh, there might be some archaic part of the criminal code that narrowly defines rape, but you did meet that standard, based on your conviction. And at that point, your intentions are also irrelevant. Kind of like the person who only intended to rob the bank, and didn’t intend to shoot the security guard.

TL/DR person who behaved horribly is trying to pretend he didn’t, while continuing to do so.

23 Likes

Sorry guy, you’ll just have to accept that you are a convicted rapist. Your only viable career option now is as a member of Congress. You’ll need to bone up on your racism though. Make sure you blame the media before it’s too late, and you should be just fine.

8 Likes

“All I wanted to do was jizz on her clothing, and people are treating me like I’m the bad guy?!”

Really, this lad is deplorable.

15 Likes

It is amazing what rich parents will pay for.

They pay for it because it often works. Were it not for the harsh light of publicity cast on Judge Persky’s enabling indulgence for a fellow frat bro, leading to his recall, this would probably have happened under the radar.

12 Likes

Does “outercourse” come from the same rich-fuckwad-get-out-of-jail-free dictionary as “affluenza”?

26 Likes

Rich white decadence is an ugly thing to see.

4 Likes

I’d like to see us spend more time trying to figure out how to get that rate down. I’m also not so far gone that I’m the dotard priest, smiling as my silver is pilfered for the fifth time, there certainly should be good data - if certain kinds of crimes have appalling recidivism rates, then punishment should fit them. Fraud, for example.

1 Like

Ah, it was an accident. I see now…

So he’s saying that he intended to just rub his dick over her unconscious body but slipped and fell and accidentally stuck it inside of her?

This reeks of desperation. That lawyer knows they got nothing and is grasping at straws now.

2 Likes

Eeeeeeeeeeew! Somehow this feels even creepier than attempted rape. “No, chill out guys! I wasn’t gonna rape anyone, I swear! I was only tryna jizz all over this unconscious chick, maybe grope her a bit, that’s all!”

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

3 Likes

tumblr_ocsql8QRcc1s2wio8o1_500

13 Likes