Stanford rapist Brock Turner's appeal denied

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/08/stanford-rapist-brock-turner-2.html

9 Likes

He lost his appeal to what? Did the 6 month sentence stand? If so, what is he appealing?

1 Like

30 Likes

Not being a convicted rapist (and therefore not a registered sex offender). Still doesn’t make him not a pissweasel though.

17 Likes

Rot in pieces, rapist.

19 Likes

95a5b3e60be103fdd89b9c9f6f148ded

14 Likes

I was beginning to worry his name in Google would begin to slide down the list from the top result. Glad to see with all this coverage in the news and blogs it will push his name ( Brock Turner rapist) back to the top of the search engines results as well, and because it’s getting this bump a year later it should help hold it up at the top for longer. It really couldn’t happen to a more deserving POS.

11 Likes

9 Likes

Oh well, convicted rapist Brock Turner, you can’t win 'em all!

14 Likes

His appeal, in a nutshell:

Brock Turner (convicted rapist): I was only trying to have ‘outercourse’ with the unconscious victim behind that dumpster - I had no intention of having intercourse. Therefore: I’m not a rapist.
Judge: GTFO

16 Likes

You go, convicted rapist Brock “The Rapist” Turner!

Straight to hell…

(I wonder if his parents have moved yet. I know as of last year, someone was chalking a new “Brock Turner, Rapist” chalk sign on the sidewalk in front of their house each day.)

7 Likes

I’m sorry are you talking about convinced rapist Brock Turner? You know, the Brock Turner who is a convicted rapist? That Brock Turner (convicted rapist)? Brock Allen Turner, the convicted rapist? That Brock Allen Turner? The man—I use the term loosely—whose picture is literally next to ‘rape’ in a criminal justice textbook?

I just wanted to be sure.

And I also wanted Google to be sure.

31 Likes

Wait, you mean the Streisand effect hurts rapists too?

1 Like

That’s some really fucking weaselly language in the boxout there.

Some are shocked at how short this sentence is. Others who are more familiar with the way sexual violence has been handled in the criminal justice system are shocked that he was found guilty and served any time at all. What do you think?

I mean, they’re not wrong, but why not just explicitly state “The criminal justice system repeatedly lets down the victims of sexual violence” rather than doing that kind of shitty “Some people think X. Other people who know more think Y. Are you like the ignorant people or the knowledgeable people?”

It’s sleazy and manipulative, and I don’t like seeing it in a textbook. It feels like they’re trying to push a perspective (to be clear, a perspective which I think is objectively correct and which should be pushed) but without having the conviction to just fucking state their viewpoint.

2 Likes

You know - you’re not showing any possible future employers that you’ve taken responsibility for your actions, tried to make amends and put any effort into rehabilitating yourself.

Your future looks like one of collecting cans for cash and being refused by landlords because they can’t put their others tenants at risk. If you can even afford somewhere to live.

Good.

3 Likes

At the time of the appeal. I know that lawyers are supposed to go to the limit defending their client, but wow. Not a crime?!?
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/us/brock-turner-sexual-assault-appeal/

Turner’s lawyer, Eric Multhaup, said he had nothing to add about “the unfairness of the conviction” beyond the court filing.

“What we are saying is that what happened is not a crime,” John Tompkins, Turner’s legal adviser, told KNTV. “It happened, but it was not anywhere close to a crime.”

6 Likes

Stay classy, lawyers.

1 Like

Thank you for the first accurate headline I’ve seen on this news. I might’ve preferred “Convicted rapist” to “Stanford rapist” but that’s just me quibbling.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.