Cooked tarantulas on a stick

[Permalink]

1 Like

There would still be fights over the drumsticks in my family.

1 Like

No. Just, no.

1 Like

Those poor widdle spidums!

ā€œThisā€™ll never catch on, Mr Dibbler. Ainā€™t you got any rats?ā€

3 Likes

Why eat happy spiders? At least with factory farm chickens they finally found peace shortly before being shrink wrapped.

You think that they are free range spiders? Probably were starved for a while to make sure that they were nice n cleanā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never understood why people would want to eat insects or arachnids this way, and itā€™s not because of some ā€œew, gross, bugs!ā€ squeamishness. I wouldnā€™t eat a tarantula on a stick for the same reason I wouldnā€™t eat crab legs without cracking them first, or eat shrimp with the tails still on, or eat a pomegranate like an apple.

1 Like

Crenquis, so you are supposing they werenā€™t just found behind some drapes and splatted with a text book at the panicked urging of a domestic partner?

1 Like

Love arachnids, donā€™t eat them

In another month or so, itā€™ll be soft shelled crab season where you can get an an entire blue crab deep fried on a kaiser roll with its legs dangling.

1 Like

Dammit, I came here to make a CMOT Dibbler reference.
You were quicker, Nelsie, well done :smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™ve seen a documentary where amazonian(?) tribesmen would go out hunting for meat, and tarantulas were their ā€˜plan Bā€™.

They were lured out of their lairs by little sticks and caught 'em, wrapped them in a leaf with their legs bunched together above the body - the poison sack was removed, they were cooked on a fire, the fine hairs were rubbed off, and the rest was eaten. They used the tarantulaā€™s chelicerae as toothpicks.

Tastes like shrimp.

Maybe if you slathered them with Nutella.

Eating roasted spiders has about the same appeal as a bowl of shit with a hair in it. Just canā€™t say Iā€™d care for either one.

This just makes me sad, tarantulas are nice pets and spiders are freaking awesome at cleaning up unwanted pests in general. Iā€™d rather have a spider in my life then a silverfish or ant any day. Heck, talk to the jumping spider that lives in my dash and goes on car rides with me, sheā€™s big and beautiful with nice fuzzy yeti arms. The kids like to watch her dash about, which is good for longer tripsā€¦

1 Like

eeewwwww, shrimp.

eeeewwww, Nutella

1 Like

The name of your new favourite fey indie band.

If I catch 'em, I introduce them to their new homes under the fridge and the cooker, which infuriates and terrifies my daughter in equal measure.