Cop called on black man in his own pool

Just saw a pic of the pool KID in question. Really? You think he looks sketchy, you basic bitch? To me, he looks like an ‘Indoor Kid’. I’d love to fill her complex’s pool with my white neighbors - missing teeth, misspelled tattoos, fungus feet, and always, always a cigarette dangling from a potty-mouth. No rule against drinking from a can near the pool, is there?

10 Likes

In that case I’d educate him on Sinn Fein’ considerable fundraising in the US, not to mention the existence of the Friends of Sinn Fein’ organization here in the US.

PS: I’m 100% for peaceful, joyful displays of everyone’s international heritage, whatever that might be. That’s one of the few things left that I love about this country.

5 Likes

I think whats being missed here is the news reporter . he looks suspicious . I don’t think he’s a real reporter.

7 Likes

Hey White People. Cut it out. You’re embarrassing yourselves…again.

5 Likes

I admire Holland’s self-control. I could feel my own face flushing and indignation rising just watching the video. I don’t think I would have remained as calm and collected as he was.

4 Likes

Do not derail this topic with this “not all white people” crap. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1, 10, 100, or all. This happens way too fucking much, is often initiated by those in positions of power or wealth, and needs to change immediately. It’s not about who is being labelled what. Innocent people are being harassed, detained, killed. Get some perspective.

31 Likes

4 Likes

In news no one wants to hear, hoping to escalate is common, according to an officer speaking with Radley Balko.

This is very common in policing. Looking back on my career, I realize just how often I acted similarly and didn’t even realize it. It was subconscious. I was trained and subtly incentivized to do so. You intentionally create conflict and manufacture noncompliance in order to build your stop into an arrest situation. Because that’s what generations of law enforcers who have been steeped in a fear-based, comply or else, us-vs.-them mind-set do. They arrest people. Arrests are a primary measure of productivity and gives the appearance your department has solved a problem.

Most aggressive cops have honed this to an art. They are savvy, know exactly how to weaponize numerous petty laws, ordinances, use-of-force policy and procedure against citizens. This cop was off his game and clumsily went through the motions like a desperate door-to-door perfume salesman. Except when cops manufacture a “sale” like this, the “customer” ends up arrested, criminalized, emotionally and financially devastated, not to mention possibly physically beaten or worse. And the justice system will deem it legal, even when it isn’t.

17 Likes

So you down wit OPP!

4 Likes

Some countries do this.

But if it were done in America then the “wrong people” might get into power, can’t have that!

Ignorance is the root of all evil!

3 Likes

This just make my heart sad for this nation. Amerikan white folk can be a vile despicable bunch far worse than any imaginary faults they blame people of color for. Fuck 'em.

1 Like

This bit answers so many questions. Check out the rest of Neal Brennan’s act if you get a chance, it’s hilarious.

Depending on what color you are, you could be very safe doing so

2 Likes

That’s the whole thing! It’s not just my color (except for my suspicious moles, I pretty much don’t have a color!), but my facial features (utterly typical for the local gene pool) and my age (past the age of suspicion), I can use them as a battering ram to bully a questioner until they just give up.

Me: “How dare you? You think I’m just some random passerby who scaled an eight-foot fence to swim in a pool? Who are you? Where are your parents? I have half a mind to report you, young lady…”

5 Likes

Has Sheriff Susie been doxxed yet? She should be facing charges. Snatching the key out of his hand is theft, assault, and a deprivation of rights under color of law. At minimum, Sheriff Susie has demonstrated she is unfit to be a police officer.

The manager, who personally knew the man, and spoke with him several times a week, is “on leave.”

7 Likes

And the way the news frames the story! It’s a heated exchange, as though what’s happening is an unseemly argument.

6 Likes

I’m yellow…
The other day, my kid kicked her soccer ball over a fence into someone’s backyard. Their backyard is fenced, and abuts the park. We walk around to the front of the house. Front door has a camera pointed at it. We ring the doorbell to see if anyone is home to retrieve the ball for us. Wait for 5 minutes, nobody answers the door. I make an executive decision to hop the fence, get the ball, and hop back over. 5 minutes later, a (white) lady walks out the back gate into the park…pissed off. I go over to greet her and apologize that I hopped her fence. I tell her I just wanted to get the ball back so we could continue playing in the park. She goes off on me about how she has the right to call the cops on me for trespassing and that she has me on camera. I don’t deny it, and I apologize again. She walks off in a huff threatening to call the cops.
I know I was wrong, but seriously…what has this world come to where this kind of thing warrants that kind of reaction?

25 Likes

Some states may be trying that, but more are trying to turn them into better invincibility shields, even going so far as to include police as a protected class under hate crime laws.

2 Likes

Entitlement and sheer apathy.

It’s conditioned, learned behavior…

9 Likes