Cop called on black man in his own pool

Just curious. Do you not live in the states?

Because it has ALWAYS been a thing to file a complaint or press charges. Unless the crime in question is a Class A offense in which case then the state can file charges without that.

3 Likes

32 Likes

I may have missed it in the article or the clip, but what is the officer claiming is the reason he approached the resident in the first place, and told him to leave after talking with him?

(please, please no one misunderstand that I’m doing the “well, there are two sides to every story, so maybe both sides are wrong here…” bullshit–I’m just curious what the officer is pretending happened)

10 Likes

Waits to see how long it takes before someone misses the point and comments “not all white people”

11 Likes

I can’t help wondering if the officer was hoping to escalate the situation by snatching his key, providing her with an excuse to call her friends for backup. Armed friends.

In fact I’m not even going to wonder. I’m going to assume that was her plan. Shitty people like this don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

15 Likes

I am so, so, so glad for the Internet and smartphones. These things used to happen without any proof.

Problem is, these images like these are becoming so comon we run the risk of becoming numb.

6 Likes

16 Likes

Oh, FFS, Wipipo!

11 Likes

Cops tend to be hooked on steroids.

3 Likes

11 posts were split to a new topic: #notallwhitepeople

That settles it. I thought i had outgrown my youthful habit of hopping fences to swim in OPP*, but now I’m thinking about taking up the habit again. As I drive home from my manual labor job in my un-air-conditioned car, full of dirt and pet hair glued to my very pink/white skin by my mandatory sunscreen, I wouldn’t mind at all leaving a stubborn ring around some deserving neighborhood’s pool. I’m sure i can find a list of big-ticket political donors online and convert it to a map of under-utilized swimming pools.

*Other People’s Pools

7 Likes

Some [c]ops are hooked on steroids.”

FTFY.

I have seen lots of beefed up cops, but also many who look like they haven’t given their body any kind of consideration (for good or ill) in years.

1 Like

Ugh.

I wonder what is the percentage of these events that never get recorded, never get posted, never get shared, never get talked about etc. because the victim just accepts it.

Inexcusable behavior on the part of management and cops.

5 Likes

#Blackwhileswimming

3 Likes

Patrick Conner. Irish-American? I wonder what he would say about all the Irish flags out and about at New York’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade?

TLMD-san-patricio-ny

6 Likes

It needs an augmented reality app with a score: Poolamon Go!

Rich white donor, I choose you!

8 Likes

We are about half a step from a PAPERS PLEASE!!! society.

America, let us wake up to the fact that a third of our citizens would gleefully murder another third of Americans while the last third watched and did nothing. Awake, arise and fucking vote young people, you’re our only hope. Actually it should be a requirement of citizenship to learn about the issues and vote. Make it a national holiday. Heavy fines if you don’t vote. Scarlet letter tattooed to your social media.

How the f!ck did we go from a shining city on a hill to f’ing babies in cages in concentration camps (note, concentrating immigrant infants in literal tent city camps is different from Nazi labor/death camps, but not by much… another half step)

11 Likes

I submitted this one to BB yesterday but here’s another recent one:

18 Likes

Good point.

I suppose he might say something like Yeah, but me and MY ancestors left all that behind and became AMURICANS!!

While uh, drinking a green beer on St. Patty’s Day, etc.

7 Likes

Omnipresent racism. It’s always been baked right into the U.S.'s very core.

Even those who initially sought to build a shining city on a hill did so to the exclusion of and at the expense of the “savages” who were already here.

https://thumbs.mic.com/YThlY2M4MmEzOSMvaTZLWVpLdV9tWlFjSkhkVm1HVnRuMWtYQ2FzPS9maXQtaW4vNzYweDAvZmlsdGVyczpub191cHNjYWxlKCk6cXVhbGl0eSg4MCk6bm9fdXBzY2FsZSgpOmZvcm1hdChqcGVnKS9odHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLm1pYy5jb20vZ3NpbTU4emk1ZmY5ZHpnazk0eGJhN2drd3h3YTV5MXUxcHJ3aG95d3V2bGlzbXk3ZW10ZmMwcTJkd2V1NmloYy5naWY.gif

23 Likes