Cop charged with assault for hitting 13-year-old girl while handcuffing her

I can only tell you what Public Enemy told me, ages ago:

Or maybe it was Nas?

9 Likes

No, we don’t have to admit that. What kind of asshole are you, justifying the beating of children?

2 Likes

That’s just the stupid ones. I keep hoping that the backlash/resurgence of racist BS isn’t some sort of swing back towards the middle, but a (hopefully final) freak out as the world moves more and more towards most people having to use one (or two) hands to count the races/nationalities in their particular makeup.

I grew up one of the only mixed asian/white kids I knew. Now they’re all over the place. More mixes of other sorts as well.

with more info (thanks internet) and relative ease of global travel (if you survive your trip with United), people have greater exposure than ever before. It’s getting harder and harder to dig your head into the sand and hold really small and stupid racist beliefs.

But, I guess there’s also “flat earthers” and antivaxxers, so… maybe we are doomed.

7 Likes

Same here.

Being mixed with Black & White, I was “exotic” growing up; now I see pretty little kids of all sorts “mixtures” everywhere I go; it’s reassuring in the face of so much crazy.

Hate to quote Journey and Sam Cooke in the same sentence, but:

Don’t stop believin; it’s been a long time coming, but change GON’ come.

5 Likes

Heh, and almost everyone of my generation in my extended family married outside of their respective “races”.

I always joke that my family is working towards world peace one F— at a time.

3 Likes

*lolz

If humanity lasts long enough, eventually most people will end up being some indeterminate shade of ‘beige.’

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.