Mom reports assault on her son to Ft Worth cop, who wrestles her to the ground, then arrests her and her daughter

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/23/mom-reports-assault-on-her-son.html

Was the child who was choked 7 years old, or 15? Your copy says one thing, the block quote says another?

(eta: It’s not particularly relevant, choking any age of child is wrong, just wondering)

How many accommodations / medals will he get for this amazing act of heroism?

Gee, I wonder who he voted for…

Police apologist to show up and blame them for not respecting the fine officer’s authoritay in 3… 2… 1…

The 7 year old son was choked. The 15 year old daughter was also arrested (after being assaulted by the cop).

so this bit is wrong then

Yes. The neighbor was accused of choking the 7-year old son.

At what point do enough bystanders just perform some mob justice? That cop deserves to be beat to the point where he can no longer serve as a police officer.

“Just comply and you won’t get hurt.”

Let me guess the neighbor is the white guy?

Of course they were arrested, in Texas “breathing while black” is an arrestable offense.

Da fuq, Texas?!?

The charge - resisting arrest. Whenever you see that as a primary charge, you know the arrest was a bad one.

If she didn’t do anything wrong, why did she resist arrest? It’s a good thing he took her down before she had a chance to use the bag of Skittles hidden in her hoodie, or the cop could have been seriously hurt! #BlueLivesMatter!

[quote=“Tavie, post:2, topic:91718, full:true”](eta: It’s not particularly relevant, choking any age of child is wrong, just wondering)
[/quote]

Fort Worth cop: “Why not?”

The logic*, it burns.

*And apparent ignorance of the laws he’s sworn to uphold.

Right you are – thanks, Tavie!

“There is an investigation”
“By who?”
“Top people”
“What top people?”
“Top. People.”

community self defense needs to be a real thing.

Do you suppose the neighbor who choked a 7-year old imagined he was defending his community, with violence? I do.

Do you suppose the officer who punished a grown woman for sassing him imagined he was defending his community, with violence? There also I do.

So, pardon me if I wonder what good defending a community with violence is likely to achieve in this or most situations. And you seem to imply that, and I say no thanks.

:clap: i wholeheartedly agree. violence begets violence.