Cop pulls over, warns black man for driving 65 mph in a 70 mph zone

Imagine going 150mph on one of those famous sections of the German Autobahn where there is no speed limit…

“You vere driving below ze speed limit of infinity, zis is suspiciously slow!”

I guess you’re simply not ignorant racist asshat, and that was premise of my comment.

There is no secondary requirement for a racist. PoC = suspicious

Let me break it down for you:

1. Racist cop sees PoC doing something normal
  2. Racist cop thinks: that guy is suspicious, he’s probably a criminal
  3. Racist cop pulls a “reason” out of his ass
  4. Racist cop confronts PoC with “reason”
  5. Whatever PoC does or says: still suspicious, maybe no definitive proof this time
6 Likes

to be fair i was hitting my vape pen pretty hard when i missed that stop sign

Probably didn’t realise there were any other States…

2 Likes

Maybe. In Ohio everything is about Ohio. Except hating Michigan.

1 Like

I’m as fond of mocking Ohio as anyone else, but every cop in the state has lots of experience with out of state drivers, they just milk them for revenue and hoping for a cheap drug bust. The state has for years had the third highest interstate highway VMT, behind California and Texas. A rural Ohio cop probably sees more out of state plates than a rural cop from just about anywhere else.

Standard New Mexico plates always get a lot of additional trouble in Ohio, not because of the Mexico component of the name, but because the design is similar, at first glance, to Ohio’s DUI plates. They are required at judge’s discretion for a first offense DUI conviction, and mandatory for second offenses or later.

3 Likes

Have I been misunderstanding “speed limits” my whole life? Isn’t that the maximum? Aren’t you supposed to drive a safe speed considering everything happening around you? How could anyone honestly make this argument and not know they are a racist?

1 Like

Yup. It’s the main way to get from anywhere on the East Coast (from DC on up) to anywhere else in the country except the southern states. Indiana calls itself the “Crossroads of America”, but it’s the exact same highways running through Indiana from Ohio.

2 Likes

An earlier story shows just having camera(s) might be inadequate, as New York’s finest pork chops tampered with the recording devices of the victim (and was only thwarted because it was uploaded to the cloud).

Not that there’s any legal ramifications for this but your widow could be driving a fleet of Lamborghinis afterwards so there is that. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

They put “In God We Trust” on their plates now. Good advice for driving through Indiana. Drive 65 in a 70 in Indiana and prepare to get flattened. Hell, drive 75 in a 70 in Indiana and prepare to get flattened.

2 Likes

I know there’s a speed trap coming up if at least half of the trucks aren’t going at least 80 (and their speed limit is 65).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.