Cop violently arrests and terrorizes a 15 year old Black quadruple amputee

We really need empowered citizen oversight panels that can conduct the investigations and determine appropriate punishment for turds like this one.

The entire “internal investigation” thing is more about “shit, there was video… how long can we delay this, so that people forget, and we can dismiss the case without any significant changes?”.

I’m all for adding a guillotine to the oversight panel room as well, because honestly you know that there really isn’t a way to redeem an absolute soulless shitball like this one, and he’ll just get hired by some other PD somewhere else even if he gets fired from this one.

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s enough. We really need to get rid of all the current cops, then fundamentally reevaluate the role of police, and if we decide we still need them, hire a new set, based on the new requirements, not including any of the current ones.

5 Likes

We also need to completely dismantle the for-profit prison system, and prison labor for industries. There shouldn’t ever be a commercial incentive for slavery.

People always recoil when I point out that the US didn’t abolish slavery, just some types of it, and it’s likely you’ve even bought products made with American slave labor.

15 Likes
  1. Pretty much all American paint is made by enslaved labour, as is a substantial proportion of the office furniture and home appliances. So, yup: nearly all Americans will have at least some slave products in their homes and workplaces.

2. American military dogtags, ammo belts, helmets, body armour, etc are all made by enslaved labour. The US military is powered by slavery.

BTW, the joke about “one armed men” in that clip is a callback to an earlier part of that episode, referencing a British law that made switchblades legal, but only for people missing an arm.

13 Likes

“has promised to investigate.:” a bullshit phrase if ever I heard one.

2 Likes

I feel like I need a lifetime of unicorn chasers.

The whole world needs a lifetime of unicorn chasers to be honest.

11 Likes

just awful to watch, the police can be so inhumane.
how he treated the person filming was just as bad, good on him keeping filming and standing up even if he had to take a head knock later for it.

the cop obviously didn’t think this one out. what was he planning on doing from there? likely can’t cuff the guy in the traditional sense. no matter what was going on their had to be a better way to handle it.

4 Likes

This seems like another appropriate thread for some music:

:musical_note: (We got the right to bear arms, but…)
Shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Take your cameras out ya pockets people,
Shoot the cops,
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Take your cameras out ya pockets people

If they wanna shoot at us, got a right to shoot 'em up
They shoot us in the back but they say it’s from the front
You’re warned, even if you aren’t armed,
They will find an excuse to do you harm if they think you out of line
In every city’s urban jurisdiction you will find
Some people making livings that are creeping from behind
And even if behavin’ most the time man they know
If an officer to blame they need to let it go (let it go, let it go)
With a family at home, a mortgage to support
In times where it’s hella hard as fuck to find a job
If you wanna keep yours you better not inform
Don’t wanna be the side the wrong side of the law
But guess what, the people got a weapon of their own
The lens and a shutter built into a mobile phone
Evidence admissible in court
even more documented cases of what’s been goin’ on

Shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Shoot the cops,
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Take your cameras out ya pockets people

I hear 'em saying that this shit don’t ever happen in Seattle
And if it does it’s really just a couple bad apples
But if you’re keepin’ count you will see
This shit is not the apple, it’s the tree, it’s rotten underneath
O’ say can you see, no way that it’s true
They don’t wanna see another South Central '92 or Seattle '99
Even if it happens what they sayin’ on the news
Bad people mad justifyin’ the abuse
And youth, especially the ones with darker features bein’ targeted to boot
And true, some people can’t handle the truth
Now keep that feelin’ in mind when you pull that camera out and ask a pig to smile at you
I ain’t talkin one, I’m talkin three or four or five
What you so afraid of if you ain’t committin’ crime?
We are merely doin’ what a citizen should do
Better act right if I were you the world is watchin’ you.

We gotta shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Shoot the cops,
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Sh-sh-shoot the cops
Take your cameras out ya pockets people :musical_note:

And from the same band:

:musical_note: Now, it’s the opening salvo
Where poets scope the people like Mohammad and Malvo
A sample of the battle we waged against an animal
Made to snuff us out like the wick of a candle
And all the youth dressed in camo, we’re ready to handle
And no this war was not scripted, can’t change the channel
We canceling all subscriptions, this is the last issue
When the casket’s closed can’t take the cash with you
No post-mortem residuals
We individuals who
Indivisible become the most invincible

But that is not the issue at hand
We demand the simple right to question y’all people
Where the fuck is freedom at?
It’s all we ask but instead we get our asses
Assassinated fast
If they catch you talking trash
Then the first shall be last
It’s time to prepare
Black clouds, sky falling, put a hand in the air

And my people building monuments to weather the flood
I’m a leave how I came screaming covered in blood
Died once born twice both times we knuckled up
Alongside our people we gonna struggle with love

So struggle with love, struggle with love, struggle with love

Now this here’s for those who choose fights whose fruits might
Never not ripen until after they life
It’s not right how they martyr our leaders and target our children
Disrespect the sisters and wonder why we militant
Peace to my third world equivalent
Even if I can’t fight beside you
I write what I can
To get our fam in other lands to understand your pain
Cause your beef is mine and we one and the same

And I know about this privilege
But if you’re from where I’m from
Then you know a bigger burden comes with it
And that’s what I carry when you see me on a hustle
I’m talking as a walking document of our struggle
Kasamas hold me down and remember that I love you
And Johnny hold your head up if they ever take me from you
And please tell him that I tried, don’t cry
Cause no matter where you are, our struggle’s near by

And my people building monuments to weather the flood
I’m a leave how I came screaming covered in blood
Died once born twice both times we knuckled up
Alongside our people we gonna struggle with love

So struggle with love, struggle with love, struggle with love

Right now I want to thank God for being me
My soul won’t rest until the colony is free
1896 revolution incomplete
Silence is defeat my solution is to speak
Resurrect a legacy of martyrs I beseech
Time to choose a side it’s the mighty vs. the meek
My big brother Free brought the word from the East
We’re the bullet in the middle of the belly of the beast

Hey :musical_note:

6 Likes

11tTNkNy1SdXGg

7 Likes

Not so “privately”, necessarily. If you go on any of the LEO sites, they’re quite blatant about it.

4 Likes

Are cops trying to one-up each other, to see who can do the dumbest, evilest shit?

Fire and prosecute this man, he should no longer get to wear a badge of any kind.

3 Likes

And that Pima group home can’t deal with their own resident and calls the cops. The cop’s not the only fascist here.
This is America…

It seems that those who most loudly demand respect for their authority are the least deserving of that respect.

2 Likes

there is a part of the story missing…

the home that is supposed to protect these children could not deal with the situation, so, they called the police. wtf? In what way would ANYONE think that the police (as they currently are) are better at dealing with children with troubled pasts than a home built for children with troubled pasts…

I feel for the cop bc their job is only to protect the oligarchy (btw, which is why they are so good at violence in chicago and ny).

I feel for the home bc when things got out of their ability to handle things they ONLY number they had were the police…

But, seriously, WTF… How do we let these children down so badly that these are the only options we have. Both the home and the police should have had the number to a social worker that could have been called and they should have had the training to know when to make that call.

We make the motions of a society that cares (we had a “care home”), but, all our escalations when we need real help just hit the systems trained/designed to protect the elite. We need police that are trained to assess situations other than those solved with surplus military equipment… We need social support networks with deeper layers.

4 Likes

Look at the reaction when they get a little power:

10 Likes

I’ve seen articles about shortages among social workers since the '90s. Even when there were more people in the profession, caseloads were very high. Few areas would have someone on call for a scenario like this.

This is what happens when institutions providing healthcare are undermined, as they have been in the U.S. for decades now. TPTB closed mental health facilities, reduced or eliminated funding & staff for public health programs, adjusted legal protections so that homes could rely on unskilled labor, and gave incentives to private facilities so that owners could raise fees/siphon off profits while levels of care or safety are allowed to decline.

The remaining support systems in the public sector are overwhelmed, leading to lax enforcement of the few regulations that are left. This is why problems tend to be exposed after the incidents of abuse and/or neglect are extreme. People say that the cruelty is the point, but it’s worse than that. This is the playbook of groups who want less people of certain types in the world. They expect the cops or jail to finish the job if all the other attempts fail.

2 Likes

The deputy wrestles the teen to the floor and the teen is heard shouting and swearing at the deputy.

Oh noes! Shouting and swearing! No wonder he got roughed up and arrested by a 300 pound steroid monkey, I guess he deserved it :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Name them. Don’t be shy. There’s too much at stake.

It seems like lots of countries have police that behave better than here. If we can all opt into the type of country we want to live in, why shouldn’t it be better, with better safeguards? Hard to believe shaved-head jackboot cops like this will opt to live somewhere full of the minorities they imagine are the entire problem with society. They can have a white fascist paradise all to themselves, where they have to dream up new reasons they suck.

Not highjacking the thread. Here’s the main candidates thread…

2 Likes