Cop who asked woman to wear lingerie when he responded to a hotel fire alarm gets his job back

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Sarni has been suspended since the fall of 2013, and at 41 years old, was at risk of losing some of his skills as a police officer. After three years of suspension, he would have had to go back to the police academy

Right, because blackmailing a citizen into wearing lingerie and making unwanted sexual advances towards her isnā€™t itself cause for remediation, let alone termination.

18 Likes

Sounds like heā€™s getting off on a technicality. Exactly the sort of person you want as a cop!

4 Likes

14 Likes

The skills heā€™s demonstrated are not ones Iā€™d want in any police officer.

20 Likes

That, and power. The records department will be a good fit for someone like him.

7 Likes

Wow! Just WOW!

Despite seeing stories like this here on BB on a regular basis this one still boggles the mind.

2 Likes

As much as I support unions it feels icky that taxpayer money paying these jokers salaries goes to union dues which support anti-citizen actions like this.

4 Likes

If this bastard hasnā€™t raped already (itā€™s highly likely that he has), heā€™s certainly on his way to doing so in future.

3 Likes

If they are forced by the court to let him back on the job, I hope they assign another officer to monitor him 24/7 with explicit instructions to arrest the bastard the second he steps out of line. From the sound of it, the local authorities would be more than happy to see him gone.

5 Likes

Unbelievable. The stupidity is unreal.

Thatā€™s the part that baffled me: Yeah, sure, he would be harmed if he were kept out of work. I totally agree. I just donā€™t see why that is a bad thing.

Is there some sort of rule that ā€˜punishments are not allowed to harm the person punishedā€™ now?

10 Likes

Perhaps Iā€™m an optimist; but Iā€™d be unsurprised if he suddenly finds that every last technically-an-infraction-but-those-rules-are-just-too-petty incident starts ending up in his file from now on.

A great many workplaces(and institutions in general) technically have more rules than anyone sees the value in enforcing, so long as you are perceived as basically a good actor(productive employee spends five minutes taking a personal call? Who cares?); but if you want to enforce them, they are often there.

1 Like

Iā€™m reminded of the comment of someone who suffered under the British boarding school system in the 1960s; ā€œIf they ban paedophilia, how on earth will private boarding schools recruit teachers?ā€

6 Likes

Dayum!

3 Likes

Tip of the iceberg in that police force.

Google ā€œEdison NJ policeā€ and youā€™ll get all sorts of hits.

This one stands out

1 Like

Police officers need to be model citizens, not armed reprobates.

1 Like

Incredible value for money there!

Nearly $200K Canadian

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve always assumed a very big part of why police literally get away with murder is that he-shot/he-died stories are necessarily one-sided. With a living woman to tell what happened to her this is just insane.

Either they insist that itā€™s a lie and he just plain didnā€™t do what he was accused of, or he ought to be in prison, not just out of a job. Thatā€™s sexual assault and arguably false imprisonment.

6 Likes