Cop suspended for playing Barry White while allowing arrested couple to make-out in his patrol car

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/26/cop-suspended-for-playing-barr.html

2 Likes

He’s taking the less hate and more love a bit too literal.

12 Likes

Barry puts me & my Dear Wife in the mode too.

12 Likes

I’m confused, he was suspended because he didn’t shoot anyone?

59 Likes

Barry puts embalmed corpses in the mood. That guy makes so much sex appeal ooze from speakers his “greatest hits” album floods living rooms.

4 Likes

I don’t see the problem. Just a couple young lovers with nothing better to do…

12 Likes

Obligs

5 Likes

Even murdering cops don’t get this many days off. What exactly was the infraction, and how is it harsher from a cop killing people?

20 Likes

watching-1 watching-2

17 Likes

Can’t have adultery in this christian nation!

3 Likes

And of course … Florida.

4 Likes

The reality we live in makes no fucking sense; cops who beat, shoot and kill people get paid suspension. This guy does something inappropriate but ultimately not harmful to society, and gets suspended without pay.

WTAF.

29 Likes

Who here is surprised that this is a white couple?

3 Likes

They were white tho.

I was thinking that as well. It’s sad though he’s getting more flak for his cheesy/corny antics while cops can literally shoot and rape suspects and get away with it (paid leave aka paid vacation).

17 Likes

Yeah I don’t get suspending him for Barry White. Now, if he’d played Paradise by the Dashboard Lights on the other hand…

9 Likes

The cop was protecting and serving. Just like on the label.

6 Likes

Why should they let a little thing like getting arrested slow them down?

Hell, I don’t know them, maybe getting arrested is what gets them going.

1 Like

I do wonder what, specifically, was the justification for the suspension.

My immediate reaction was: “Why? It’s not like he was hurting anyone. Oh, yeah, that’s why.” And I think it’s actually the case. He was “unprofessional” in a way that wasn’t cruel or punitive - and that is problematic for the cops who want to “have a rep” to frighten people into compliance.

18 Likes

Because they had irrefutable video evidence. Oh, wait…

2 Likes