Cop who roughed up EMT had his bodycam audio muted, but unfortunately for him a colleague's was recording

Originally published at: Cop who roughed up EMT had his bodycam audio muted, but unfortunately for him a colleague's was recording | Boing Boing

13 Likes

“Good relationship” is code talk for “have always known their place when around us”.

33 Likes

Oh no, yet another instance of police being assholes despite their best efforts at obfuscation!

I hope to live long enough to see the day where a police officer - who carries a weapon - can be fired with the same efficacy and swiftness as an un-armed Dunkin employee who skims from the till.

17 Likes

Exactly. “Good relationship” means precisely “they know how things are supposed to be, didn’t you get the memo?”

12 Likes

Or a random retail employee fired for not being sufficiently deferential to a friggin’ Karen.

11 Likes

of course this is only national news because this time he did it to a paramedic, in a hospital

they expect to get away with this shit because usually they do get away with it

21 Likes

ACAB

Lhygu Boyvyoboyvoyvyovitc Rcrce

10 Likes
    .aMMMb        .aMMMb         .aMMMb         dMMMMb 
   dMP"dMP       dMP"VMP        dMP"dMP        dMP"dMP 
  dMMMMMP       dMP            dMMMMMP        dMMMMK"  
 dMP dMP       dMP.aMP        dMP dMP        dMP.aMF   
dMP dMP        VMMMP"        dMP dMP        dMMMMP"    
4 Likes

Why does it have a mute button? Or an off button? Why are police allowed any control whatsoever over the devices designed to hold them accountable (or, if we’re being generous, to protect them if they’re actually doing their job correctly)?

17 Likes

I hope that he one day needs life saving treatment and the EMT chooses to pop to McDonalds on the way to hospital. Maybe also take in a show.

5 Likes

Neither rot13.com nor Automatic online language identifier are helping :confused:

3 Likes

gone are the days of the disenvoweled. apparently

peeing. phone calls with family. donut time

but generally, yeah i agree with you.

it is telling he’s caused other incidents and is still employed. so even if the cameras were on all the time, it’s not clear it would matter. and i think the footage here came first from the hospital, not from him

eta: jesus. not only was he not fired for his past crimes, he was promoted

The files, contained in a public city database of proven Rochester police misconduct cases, show that LoTempio pleaded guilty in two separate incidents [ in 2012 and 2013 ]. The offenses included strip searching a man without a warrant [ and without cause ] and knocking a man’s teeth out with a flashlight during a traffic stop

LoTempio was suspended for 30 days without pay in 2014 [he] was promoted to investigator in 2015.

7 Likes

I believe it’s American Standard Keyboard Smashing language for “yes, ACAB is a damn complete sentence”

7 Likes

I thought it might be Serbo-Croatian

1 Like

Suspended with pay. In any other job that’s known as a vacation. Hell of a punishment.

7 Likes

I live in Rochester, and can attest that the RPD are corrupt, violent, aggressive, bullying, nasty pieces of shit. And some of them are really bad, even by cop standards. I won’t say more of what I know, because I don’t want a knock on my door. But they are dirty as any force in the country.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.