Cop who stormed U.S. Capitol jailed found guilty on six counts

Originally published at: Cop who stormed U.S. Capitol jailed found guilty on six counts | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Napoleon Dynamite Reaction GIF

21 Likes

Well, that’s just a shame.

Sarcastic Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

13 Likes

giphy-downsized-large

11 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Since it’s not clear from the post itself or the MSNBC article, the five felony charges were:

obstruction of an official proceeding

civil disorder

entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds while carrying a dangerous weapon

disorderly and disruptive conduct in a restricted building while carrying a dangerous weapon

tampering with a document or proceedings

He also was found guilty of the misdemeanor offense of disorderly conduct in a Capitol building.

13 Likes

“Law and Disorder.”

20 Likes

Although the intended meaning of people who display those flags these days is probably fairly consistent, i.e.: “don’t impede our racist agendas.”

20 Likes

It’s a good start but let’s see what the sentence looks like. Hopefully it won’t be six months probation or anything ridiculous like that.

8 Likes

I do get the sinking feeling that a lot of these fucks will be out just in time for 2024, and all networked up with their new prison buddies, including the guards, who I’m sure are…sympathetic.

7 Likes

People who require a walking stick to mosey about the level ground of DC and the Capitol probably wouldn’t meet the fitness requirement to be a cop. If he’s walking over the bodies of fellow officers, it might be an unstable surface, but weird that he’d be prepared for that eventuality.

3 Likes

I wonder if the prosecution were cute enough to ask him about that or point it out.

4 Likes

However instead of facing significant jail time, he will be quietly transferred to another parish.

Er… precinct.

7 Likes

Some of those that work forces
Are the same that burn crosses
→ Rage Against the Machine, Killing in the Name

2 Likes

rage against the machine GIF

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.