Cops claim two men escaped from jail cells by transforming into cats

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/19/cops-claim-two-men-escaped-from-jail-cells-by-transforming-into-cats.html

5 Likes

From Allan Rose Hill

5 Likes

Season 4 Cat GIF by Paramount+

16 Likes

cat whatever GIF

12 Likes

Pray Episode 1 GIF by The Office

12 Likes
15 Likes

Is it possible to learn the secrets of this “strange like owl bird noise”?

Asking for a friend.

10 Likes

Oh Manimal. He can turn into ANY animal, so long as its a panther or a hawk, and one time a python. Why they only made 8 episodes I’ll never know.

11 Likes

Exit Strategy Cat GIF

16 Likes

Wait… were those brothers part of the Mustafa family or the Mufasa family?

mufasa

9 Likes

12 Likes
8 Likes
5 Likes

Come Here Lets Go GIF

11 Likes

If 80s TV has taught me anything, it is that the Chief Cop is always wrong; therefore they DID turn into cats and escape, and now the maverick detective will have to single-handedly stop their crime wave cos he’s been suspended for believing in witchcraft.

15 Likes

That’s gonna be hard when the chief took his gun and badge, and has only given him forty-eight hours to crack the case.

Fortunately, he has the help of a beautiful but mysterious woman who owns a catnip farm, and the crusty but lovable manager of a semi-derelict catfood warehouse …

11 Likes

See? ­ ­

3 Likes

Good for a meme, but also witchcraft is widely believed-in in South Africa, so the explanation is not as daft as it seems on the surface. And if I was the investigating officer, I’d be most interested in those most vociferous about it being witchcraft.

1 Like

I’m confused. Are they felines or felons?

Or… (yeah, insert a “why not both” gif).

Anyway, nobody can say the senior police officer fel for it.

5 Likes

I remember seeing flyers advertising the services of sangomas everywhere. ‘True’ sangomas are practitioners of traditional medicine techniques, but these ones were advertising the usual menu of miracle “cures” for common ailments, plus magical services such as lifting or placing curses, etc.

They usually claimed to be from somewhere else – Burundi and Rwanda were the places that featured most often on the flyers when I was there, but these things often change over time. It seems to be a rule that your best witch doctors come from some other, less-developed country, so in Thailand the sorcerers and soothsayers are all from Cambodia, etc. Wikipedia says that in the Cape, these ‘plastic shamans’ often adopt Muslim names to make themselves more appealing to Muslims in the region.

2 Likes