Cops fired and charged after beating animals to death

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/10/cops-fired-and-charged-after-beating-animals-to-death.html

6 Likes

Animal abuse is a huge red flag for future escalation to other forms of abuse. In a cop especially, that should be horrifying.

66 Likes

So those particular individuals were fired for behaving brutally and horribly, which seems right and proper to me.

But there are seemingly an abundance of cops who are still walking around in uniform after murdering humans.

How do you square that circle?

49 Likes

Same as it ever was

25 Likes

No biggie, just a few bad eggs, right?
Anyhow, that’s what Donnie sez…

8 Likes

Are porcupines a nuisance animal where they are? I mean, any version of this is horrifying and disgusting, but porcupines? Really!?!

Unfortunately, that’s what Biden says as well. At least he acknowledged that there is a different justice system for POC.

3 Likes

They obviously forgot to claim in their report that the porcupines were resisting.

(sigh, a grim /s here just in case.)

21 Likes

Too bad there isn’t a nationwide registry for Bad Cops, so that they can never work in any aspect of the industry again; nor should they be allowed to possess a firearm ever again.
Perhaps the right for a cop to carry a gun on the job should be have to be earned; after, say, 5 years or so. This might help keep some of the power-trippers from applying for the job in the first place.

People seem to sometimes forget that cops are employees. Nothing more, nothing less. Granted, their job can be dangerous and dirty at times; but so is the job of a garbage collector. And I, for one, tend to have more respect for garbage collectors.
At least they don’t go around murdering people (and other animals) willy-nilly.

23 Likes

What color was the porcupine?!

/s

10 Likes

Yes! How does one build such hate for porcupines in particular?

Maybe it’s just that they’re not fast enough to get away.

11 Likes

The only few problems I can think of that they create is that they like chewing on certain types wood and building material, especially T-111 plywood siding, but that’s a problem that can be avoided by simply picking a building material that isn’t so tasty to them.

I’ve known a few people whose dog went after a porcupine and ended up with a face and mouth full of quills, with little to no harm inflicted on the porcupine. I think a smart dog learns to stay away from them after that.

Anyhow, none are good reason to go on a porcupine killing spree. They’re not aggressive, they just want to be left alone.

9 Likes

It’s harder to claim self defence against most animals. You’d look pretty silly if you claimed that you thought that porcupine was pulling a gun on you or was resisting arrest. Cops often get away with killing dogs claiming the dog was attacking them.

12 Likes

So we now know where black people fit in the pecking order, and that’s below porcupines.

11 Likes

I’m glad he got charged. I wish they would do the same for cops who kill and abuse people more often.

Yep.

19 Likes

The alleged killing of the porcupines came to light when another officer reported the incident to superiors in late August after she learned about what occurred in early June.

Taking bets on how long before she faces retaliation from Rockland male cops .

22 Likes

No. There are minor incidents like @AnthonyI mentioned. They like to gnaw on certain wood. We find them gnawing on our decks sometimes in the winter, I think maybe for the salt. No reason to beat them to death with a baton.

Exactly. They are generally gentle, lumbering creatures.
I posted this on the “fuck today” thread previously after seeing it in our local paper. It’s fucking disturbing, has racist overtones, and I’m glad the officers involved got fired and are being charged. It is insane that there seems to be more action on this than on officers who beat and/or kill people, though.

17 Likes

Its always eye opening when the cops are telling The People what we want. Their view of the profession is more like an authoritarian club than it is an actual employee responsible to a boss.

5 Likes

You’ve never seen my trained attack porcupine!
Look at that fierce murder face!

Seriously, fuck those guys.

12 Likes

The babies are called porcupettes:

25 Likes

The punishment should fit the crime. Put them naked in a cell with a few porcupines and nowhere to sit.

9 Likes