Cops steal black woman banker's BMW, commit her when she asks for it back

People who think they have taste, while tasteless (and odorless) somehow still manage to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

2 Likes

Well it was only a 2003 BMW 325Ci, so it was clearly, no sorry, just can’t. Sounds completely racist.

3 Likes

2003 was definitely before they got super-greedy for Hondoyota’s market share. I stand corrected.

So, about her Banker-ness. Even a new 3 series doesn’t suggest a Banker of the type we should be mad at for ruining the economy, no? Maybe I am missing something.

5 Likes

Licenses are hard to attack. First priorities are to sue for medical malpractice, and maybe get the DEA to pull their permission to prescribe scheduled drugs (lorazepam and probably most of the other things they hit her with.)

1 Like

It was a continuation from another thread yesterday.

1 Like

Fuck this. I am so done, so fucking done. If any of you want me I’ll be in Norway Iceland.

11 Likes

Cory, you have already reported this half a year ago:

3 Likes

I can’t remember who said it but there is a saying that “The victor turns into the vanquished”. The US defeated the Soviet Union. Now it has gulags (private for-profit prisons and Gitmo.) It has murder by police. It has an intrusive surveillance system. And now it has the use of “psychiatric” diagnoses to control educated people who the police take a dislike to.

Congratulations. The animals look from man to pig and it is increasingly hard to tell the difference.

16 Likes

An ironic and apt comparison, but christ man. Victim for victim, nowhere near comparable.

2 Likes

That depends on how you define victim.
In number of deaths, then you’re probably right. In the scope of surveillance and imprisonment, then the US far outstripped the USSR a long time ago.

4 Likes

Hey! I like my shabby old Lexus. It has an awesome stereo, is unbreakable and goes like a stabbed rat when you downshift.

6 Likes

I should have added Marx’s dictum that history repeats itself, first as tragedy, then as farce.

It is important to recognise that the Soviet Union under Krushchev was nowhere near as bad as it was under Stalin, just as the US South now is not nearly as bad as it was until the middle of the 20th century. An awful lot of people use “the Soviet Union” as shorthand for the Stalin era, which in many ways was the continuation of the Tsars by other means. (Peter the Great caused so many to die building St. Petersburg that it is called the “city on bones”).

So yes, a degree of hyperbole, but I don’t think the basic fact (that the US is using, albeit on a smaller scale, the same techniques of repression of which it used to accuse the Soviet Union) is incorrect. Abuse of psychiatry, psychology (in torture) and an abusive prison system holding millions of people were wrong then and they are wrong now.

7 Likes

Does that make the allegations any less disturbing? Is there a six week statute of limitations on police corruption?

4 Likes

If you two really want to get an insight into the regulars around here, read the entire <a href=“https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/do-you-want-to-play-questions/54417"target=”_blank">questions thread.

7 Likes

I’m glad she’s suing the police under civil rights violations, but she really should be suing the living shit out of the Harlem Hospital for malpractice, and get the NY DA to charge the hospital with fraud or the whole lot under RICO. Let’s call this what it is, conspiracy to commit theft and medical billing fraud with a heaping helping of intentionally inflicted bodily harm.

10 Likes

I’m pretty sure being black cancels out banker powers in many contexts.

4 Likes

I’m still waiting for the arrests from those tapes… not holding my breath since it seems to have been swept under the rug.

1 Like

But what about the chemtrails?

2 Likes

That alone will make them a Regular, due to the sheer volume of posts.

4 Likes