Cops who killed porcupines for fun will do jail time

There’s this…

… but also this…

Is the “science” on all this up for grabs? I sure don’t know. But that won’t stop me from posting this:

7 Likes

Please check their Afghanistan postings for deaths and disappearances of civilians.

7 Likes

If I recall correctly, Congress passed, and Trump signed, an anti-cruelty to animals law:

I wonder if they did this before Nov 25th, 2020. If after, the feds should look into this…

5 Likes

Yep, also child abuse and domestic violence. That’s why veterinarians are (in the US) required reporters. Under threat of potentially having action against our licenses, we are required to report animal abuse to law enforcement. If animal control goes out and sees anything that indicates child abuse or domestic abuse, then other legal entities get involved.

Kind of makes me wonder if animal control, CPS, or anyone was sent to do in home inspections…
(of course not)

Also, the only lesson I’m getting from this story is that porcupines (while black usually) do not suffer the same neglect from the justice system that a black human would see.

12 Likes

Such an odd state of the world, where porcupine lives matter, but black lives do not.

3 Likes

The officer considered killing the animal to end its suffering, but did not know if he should.

This strikes me as weird. Yes, of course end thevanimal’s suffering. What’s the issue?

4 Likes

dead

5 Likes

This guy was wandering around my house and her echidna offspring are called puggles.

How the fuck can any human find fun in killing any creature big or small???

Unfortunately this question is answered again and again.

10 Likes

Agreed. Even if I’m killing something to eat it (we used to raise chickens for food), there’s no joy in it, just a sense of solemn gratitude for the animal.
The fact that these guys were cops scares me.

7 Likes

I’d like all of us to be closer to what we eat and what we love around us. cruelty has no place.

4 Likes

What a pair of complete pricks. :crying_cat_face:

4 Likes

I hear that the kids have got a gig playing in a cantina band at Mos Eisley.

11 Likes

Is there enough squeeee in the world for that puggle!?

4 Likes

Aw man, he’s got a gig tonight!

1 Like
3 Likes

More like check their records.

It’s police’s job to do violence … no need to check under the floorboards, their skeletons in the closet are encouraged on the job and then legally shielded from public scrutiny after the fact.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.