Cornered FCC admits that its website was never hacked

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/07/hackers-ate-my-homework.html

7 Likes

Wow, bad news for the FCC and Ajit Pai. This is not an administration that will tolerate lying. Heads are gonna roll for this, no doubt about it.

36 Likes

(assuming missing /s tags)

This administration doesn’t tolerate admitting that you lied. They are supposed to double down on the lie.

11 Likes

Trump FCC Chairman Ajit Pai has come clean, admitting that the hack never, ever happened.

giphy

17 Likes

That’s true, but you can make contradictory statements and insist that both are true.

5 Likes

Well I wouldn’t be selling Mr Bray any life insurance anyway…

Party of personal responsibility!

5 Likes

Looks like they jumped straight to step 3: “…and if I did, it was Obama’s fault!”

14 Likes

That and the eternal cry of the conservative caught doing something scummy: “I’m the victim here!”

14 Likes

I call bullshit on this corporate shill !

1 Like

Just tweeted Bray to ask what his take is on this - doubt he’ll respond, but you never know.

4 Likes

On the other hand, I’m pleased that this report debunks the conspiracy theory that my office or I had any knowledge that the information provided by the former CIO was inaccurate and was allowing that inaccurate information to be disseminated for political purposes.

I don’t think the report proves this at all. Standard Trumpian tactic, though.

3 Likes
4 Likes

In a sane world this would result in resignations and possible jail terms. Here on Earth 2? Barely a blip.

4 Likes

These guys never accept responsibility. It’s always someone els’e fault, Obama, HRC, but never the person or party that actually holds the reins of power. Fuck’em.

4 Likes

I think the white-hat version, which is actually very useful, would be defense-in-depth, where you construct an argument that leads to the same conclusion regardless of which of many conditional paths through suppositions you take.

I wonder what fraction of people can intuitively and efficiently tell which they are being presented with?

2 Likes

This is Ajit getting out in front of the report, putting his spin on it and blaming someone else to distract attention from the BS lie and the fact that he ignored public sentiment.

You were expecting something else?

5 Likes

We’re living the dream! Aw yiss.

If only that were true.

1 Like