Coronavirus outbreak is a pandemic, WHO says

pokemon_challenges3

The internet used cocaine!

2 Likes

Good on ya; stay safe.

4 Likes

And not just the good ol’ USA.

1 Like

And even if it is, some of our employers won’t allow it because they don’t like the idea. Too long for a hashtag.

10 Likes

Yeah, then there is also that.

Heaven forbid that any situation should ever exist where the rich aren’t perpetually getting even richer, at someone else’s expense.

10 Likes

THIRD BASE!     

(edit: I know, getting ahead of the gag, but I can’t help myself.)

7 Likes

Stay the fuck home works great for techbros, programmers, and slackers.

Chefs, musicians, bookstore owners? Too bad, so sad.

2 Likes

In other words, in the case of COVID-19, ‘pandemic’ means that efforts to contain it have largely failed, and governments should be ramping up treatment efforts.

10 Likes

1 Like

Not that this will stop Trump from using the pandemic as an excuse for racist immigration policy.

To state the obvious, The United States of America is a coronavirus-affected area.

8 Likes

Of course, stuff like universal health care and paid sick leave make perfect economical sense, and would be better for the employers too. The opposition is just ideologically based nonsense.

10 Likes

I’m a casual worker too. No sick leave. But I read this article today and decided to stay home as much as possible. I’m cancelling half my work shifts, no social stuff/movies/yoga class, staying off the bus/train/tram and shopping less often. It’s a proportionate and necessary response to START NOW to stop the spread, before everyone’s sick.

4 Likes

Well, if the rest of us stay home, there really isn’t any point to a chef, musician or bookstore owner leaving the house, is there?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.