Cory Booker announces he's running for President

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/01/cory-booker-announces-hes-ru.html

3 Likes

Heh… for a second there I thought the headline says “Cory Doctorow announces he’s running for President”

(Well, they kinda scan similar, both have a good healthy dose of Os)

12 Likes

Meh…too many Zuckerberg bankster connections for me.

Of course- I’d knock on every door possible if he’s the nominee. Best thing since sliced bread then.

22 Likes

I dunno if he’s my first choice, but I love the way he speaks!

11 Likes

Useful committees, but that doesn’t say anything about his positions.

Committee assignments

6 Likes

I like Booker…but parrot the above: not my first choice.

Then again, my first choice (so far) is Kamala Harris hands down and I know plenty of folks on the BBS do not like her.

6 Likes
8 Likes

His vote against the importation of cheaper prescription drugs from Canada pretty much soured me on the guy. He’s above Bloomberg on my list, but not by much.

21 Likes

He has a very impressive biography and will be a solid candidate.

IMO hoping for dramatic left leaning leadership from whoever is in the White House is a fools errand. Anybody that reaches the presidental level is going to have serious shortfalls, and focusing on what one administration can do abdicates responsibility from the other branches of our government.

With a strong congressional coalition, a moderate democrat could have their agenda bent hard to the left. Just look at what the freedom caucus has been able to do.

9 Likes

He is one of our Canadian boys… he could never run for president. :wink:

2 Likes

Should the Democrats be unified against the common threat? There are still plenty of House and Senate seats to fill.

1 Like

now that is a great video and message. go cory, go.

3 Likes

We will be, hopefully, after we select the less bad best candidate. Fortunately, God is not being asked to anoint the chosen one without interference from the base. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I support Vin Diesel’s decision to run, but I’d rather vote for the Rock.

7 Likes

Cory Booker’s image illustrates the listing of ‘corporate democrat’ in the dictionary.

10 Likes

I don’t like her but she seems like the most likely contender to me and I’ll vote for her if she ends up being the Dem option . Basically that’s my position because that seems like the most reasonable position for the default desired outcome of not literally destroying the country. As for Booker, I really don’t think I know enough to even have an opinion. I’m… ambivalent about both of them.

5 Likes

I wish we had ranked choice voting, it’s going to be a big field and that can make it hard to register why people voted the way they did.

7 Likes

The Democrats should have a healthy yet civil debate about which candidate best embodies the values and experience America needs in the White House, then unify behind that nominee against the common threat.

18 Likes

Don’t be silly. How could the republicans split the vote then???

1 Like
10 Likes