Senator Cory Booker's impassioned, moving remarks to SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson

Originally published at: Senator Cory Booker's impassioned, moving remarks to SCOTUS nominee Ketanji Brown Jackson | Boing Boing

16 Likes

Here’s the whole thing:

EDIT:

Oops sorry; that was yesterday.

Here’s today’s:

30 Likes

Righteous!

The display of misogyny, racism, bigotry from the GQP Senators was off the scale, bordering on drunken carnie barker gone very wrong. KBJ deserves a medal for not opening up a can of whoop ass on those jerks.

35 Likes

tears. so many tears. that was amazing.

5 Likes

I got to listen to it live … just stood in my kitchen, making dinner, not leaving the room. So happy to hear Senator Booker at his best. A man who spreads hope, speaks truth, cares for others – giving such a warm opening statement to a woman who is smarter and more thoughtful than frankly anyone in that room.

I know that goodness and mercy are the key elements to push back against the hate. I am glad to hear it said out loud for all to hear.

12 Likes

Let’s hope Joe manchin doesn’t ruin it all.

6 Likes

Let’s hope Machin & Sinema are sidelined for the duration.

6 Likes

I do have a fair bit of hope that a few repubs will turn on their consciences for the minute or two it would take to vote for her confirmation.

7 Likes

I’m glad to see at least one Dem push back forcefully on this crap. It seems like these hearings have been an almost continuous assault without a defense.

9 Likes

I heard it live. It was moving. And it came after some disingenous BS from one of the Republicans (I forget who, tho).

6 Likes
22 Likes

Thank you, Sen. Booker.

He brought all of his wisdom, compassion, humanity and humor to where it was most needed. That was great.

13 Likes

Right?

For the most part, the spineless Dems are proving again that they’re spineless Dems.

8 Likes

Cool, but I dont know why Ivy League Law School should be in that chart. I mean, i do because that kind of insular insiderism is basically a reflex among our ruling elite. It neverthless curdles my porridge.

The US has other excellent law schools, and some that are even better because the focus is less on using high-placed contacts to get ahead.

9 Likes

Yes, of all the objections to Barrett, that would rank below overdue library books.

3 Likes

I was also startled to hear how Senator Booker described Senator Cruz as a colleague. To me, it underscored how much the GOP playbook involves posturing for the cameras. It must be exhausting to have to work with duplicitous, disingenuous folks like that on a regular basis.

9 Likes

This is why I have faith in America.

A wonderful display of honest emotion.

Please can we have more of this, and less frothing hatred? :heart:

1 Like

Just wait until after the confirmation, when she is in an unfirable position with a media platform.