Cosby found guilty on all three counts of aggravated indecent assault

This might have smashed his image as a moral person, but being a moral person is worlds apart from being a moralizer. It’s easy to be a vicious scumbag and a moralizer.

1 Like

He’s already surpassed the average life expectancy of an American male, so if he even ends up serving any significant portion of that time (far from assured) it could still effectively be a life sentence.

3 Likes

That’s why I don’t expect him to get the full sentence possible (despite being a Black male); I’m betting he gets 2-3 years per charge, max.

4 Likes

Probably. But 6-9 years in prison for a guy who is already 80 could easily be a life sentence too.

Most likely he’ll stay free a while yet while his legal team finds ways to drag out the sentencing and appeals process. Possibly until he’s either dead or infirm enough to get some kind of “compassionate release” sentence.

4 Likes

Oh, sure it could; easily.

Agreed.

7 Likes

It’s possible the prosecutor just started with the one most credible, irrefutable victim, to maximize chances of a conviction. Cosby can still be tried for fifty-some more victims, but it’s kind of moot. Now the lawsuits begin.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-26/-cosby-show-pulled-from-bounce-channel-after-guilty-verdict

5 Likes

I also grew up watching one of his stand up specials, i didn’t care for the Cosby show but i did have fond memories of his standup. I am more than glad to bury those memories though, Cosby can go pound sand. I celebrate that he was found guilty but how many other women out there will never get justice for what he did to them?

I also hesitate to discuss his wife but she must’ve known. There’s just no way she didn’t know.

3 Likes

I Spy a Prison Guy!

1 Like

His place in western mass will fetch a good price. Quite the hideout.

AIUI, Constand “won” the lottery here because she’s the only one for whom the statute of limitations hasn’t run out.

… which just begs the question; why is there an SoL on rape?

7 Likes

18 Likes

I wonder if they can get OJ to play him in the cable TV movies.

3 Likes

One of the many reasons this whole affair is horrible is that Cosby was more than just an entertainer. He was a genuine role model for black youth, he got shows with all-black casts onto TV at a time when no one was doing that. Finding out that he was a rapist all along is fucking demoralizing, it’s like finding out Mr. Rogers was a rapist. I’m glad his victims are finally getting justice, and I’m mourning the man we thought he was.

10 Likes

Well, she knows now.

2 Likes

Doubtful.

At this point I’m not sure what there is to gain from additional trials. He has been convicted (no longer an “alleged” sexual predator), his accusers are validated, and his legacy is destroyed. It seems to me that justice has been served.

1 Like

Now that his guilt is proven in court, his victims will all decide not to sue? That would be unusual.

1 Like

So… Do you think it’s too late to get a refund on this book?

4 Likes

The same reasons why there’s a statue of limitations for other crimes, presumably.

My question is: Was he always a predator? Even back in his early stand up days, when recording Wonderfulness? Is this a case where we just didn’t hear about this sort of stuff back in the day, or is this a case where he allowed the power of fame and celebrity to warp him and feed his basest nature?

3 Likes