Costco completely out of divination supplies, thanks to artist

Trash Pants are a different thing in Enguland.

1 Like

Well, if we assume a spherical chicken, that’s effectively an orb of summoning, so…

2 Likes

I fear you missed my sarcasm.

Two orbs for $25 is pretty good deal!

2 Likes

Kirkland orbs are just as good as any top name brand.

6 Likes

Meh, my friend works at a Costco. He read this article and wished it had happened to his store. Sometimes breaking up the crushing ennui of a day to day job is a good thing.

Please note this prank is completely different than walking inside a Trump property and taking a dump in the lobby. Trump doesn’t have to clean it up. Some poor person that needs a job does.

15 Likes

I read “crushing emu”, and conclude that this whole prank was worth it.

8 Likes

Rob Cockerham at Cockeyed did a prank like this about ten years ago. He pulled the writeup after people made the same points to him that are being made by people on this thread… you are making Costco workers and shoppers’ tasks more confusing by treating the warehouse as your performative joke store.

Mark covered it right here: https://boingboing.net/2010/04/27/rob-cockerhams-costc.html

Here’s a Reddit thread with more details: https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/bvxyl/the_costco_prank/

In short: please learn to use Photoshop or GIMP and do this virtually if you want to do something like this.

2 Likes

You don’t want to mess with that emu. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

They changed suppliers. Now they summon an imp, but it prioritizes retrieving lost shopping carts. Then dumping them in canals.

9 Likes

based on the price point I would say the 3 count healing crystals are on close out. Pro tip .97 means close out and there should be an asterisk in the upper right corner

2 Likes

Better than the ones at Ikea that come in a flatpak. But you can use them to summon some gravlax, so that’s okay.

5 Likes

Luckily, they were all out of Crushing Emu. Close call, tho.

I just love that there are folks here upset that some flunky has to take down taped up paper signs. I had so many cruddy retail flunky gigs in high school and college that I’d have LOVED something like this.

Crushing corporate ennui is a real affliction. People need a little light in their lives, at least until they have to clock out!

10 Likes

Post “Crushing Emu” to the Serendipitous Band Name thread…if there is one.

5 Likes

Never. Again. Mate.

4 Likes

I really think the empty shelf should have had a sign for “Invisible Garden Gnomes $14.99”

8 Likes

Well, I should be able to get ~4 out of this spool; Although 4 gauge is a bit thin for rods. I imagine a specialty metal supply store would have larger gauge or actual rods, but it’d be pretty spendy that that point.

6 Likes

Odder things in Walmart. Saw one of these inventory-taking robots for first time a few weeks ago: