Councilman Kirby Delauter thinks journalists can't use his name without permission

Reporter: Hello. Your name is Kirby Delauter. We wrote about you in the paper. Prepare for us to write more.

Kirby Delauter: Stop saying that!

11 Likes

1 Like

If you genuinely have to work hard to ā€œearnā€ an honest reputation, you probably donā€™t deserve it. Actually being honest is hard work in politics, but if youā€™re doing it for the reputation, wellā€¦

8 Likes

Frederick is the nicest place Iā€™ve ever lived. Then again, I didnā€™t know Kirby Delauter.

10 Likes

Iā€™d bet money that this asshat (Kirby Delauter) feels emboldened to pick on this reporter because sheā€™s a young woman.

Also, I looked on Facebook and cannot find this exchange.

2 Likes

Great catch! Very clever indeed!

2 Likes

So did The-Coucilman-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named get Bethany Rodgersā€™ permission to mention her name in that Facebook post?

7 Likes

Hit piece? Liberal bias? I think heā€™s freaking out, not at the article, but that a supposedly liberal paper had the temerity to do local reporting. Maybe Iā€™m really confused about political agenda writing, but I fail to see anything in that article I, as a wacko liberal, could respond to with excitement.

5 Likes

My husband sent me to this story to cheer me up when I was super-de-duper depressed about the Mpls. Star Tribune story about some asshat driving over protesters and the commenters thereon thinking because they disagree with the protesters itā€™s totally okay that the protesters be crushed to death by cars.

I donā€™t think my husband quite understood the nature of my despair.

2 Likes

LETā€™S BREAK HIS BRAIN!

21 Likes

Well, heā€™s from Thurmont, up the road a piece. You know, Camp D?

Kirby DeLauter? I never heard of Kirby DeLauter before today. Is he the same Kirby DeLauter that threatened to sue a newspaper reporter for using his, Kirby DeLauterā€™s, name (Kirby DeLauter)? I only ask because of Kirby DeLauterā€™s position that Kirby DeLauterā€™s name (Kirby DeLauter), cannot be used without Kirby DeLauterā€™s permission.

I believe that Kirby DeLauter has every right to be anonymous, that is, not allowing anyone to use Kirby DeLauterā€™s name without Kirby DeLauterā€™s permission, unless that Kirby DeLauter is an elected official of the government.

So, in retrospect, Kirby DeLauter doesnā€™t know the rules that affect his (Kirby DeLauterā€™s) job. Kirby DeLauterā€™s job is to listen to his (Kirby DeLauterā€™s) constituents and stop acting like a Kirby DeLauter.

9 Likes

The reporterā€™s name is Inigo Montoya?

4 Likes

Now youā€™re just being DeLautereous

9 Likes

We grow um up good in Muralin, Murica in minacher.
He should take a job at WBFF, Fox45, after heā€™s voted out.

They ainā€™t no librul meatie-a.

4 Likes

Worth calling out that the managing editor of the News-Post, Terry Headlee, nailed it:

ā€œKirby Delauter can certainly decline to comment on any story,ā€ Headlee said. "But to threaten to sue a reporter for publishing his name is so ridiculously stupid that Iā€™m speechless. Itā€™s just a pointless, misguided attempt to intimidate and bully the press and shows an astonishing lack of understanding of the role of a public servant.ā€

8 Likes

Iā€™ll have the Delauter, Delauter, sausage and Delauter. Thatā€™s not got much Delauter in it.

I wonder if itā€™s possible to drive someone to the point of semantic satiation with their own name?

4 Likes

Why I believe thatā€™s Klan country.

1 Like

Santorum.

6 Likes

and that of free speech.