Country fans bury Pittsburgh in trash

Must…resist…obvious…joke.

3 Likes
But riddle me this: When that trash is picked up in Pittsburgh[...], where do you think the garbage goes?
40°23'16.6"N 79°40'24.5"W
3 Likes

Noooooooo! My mommy and daddy told me all our garbage was taken away to Candy Land where it’s melted down into delicious sweets!

The Bay Area is having a really severe drought. Every so often, there’s another article in the SF Chronicle about the state of our water supply and the (so far voluntary) steps people are being asked to take in order to reduce personal water use.

Inevitably, some portion of the commenters feel compelled to brag “Well I’m gonna go WASH MY CAR! And then WATER MY PERFECT GREEN LAWN! I can’t wait to put out a Slip’n’slide for my kid’s birthday, and re-fill my pool!” and I’m in Poe’s Law hell, because apparently some portion of the Right has apparently decided that conservatism isn’t about individual responsibility any more, but about FUCK YOU LIBRULS HAHAHAHA. And apparently only liberals save water.

So it doesn’t surprise me that this crowd would just say “screw it; somebody else can pick that up” and throw their shit everywhere. Sadly. I really don’t like sliding closer and closer to that belief that those with different politics from me are just basically terrible people with completely illegitimate value systems, but they’re not making it very easy to stay open to the possibility that they’ve got a point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.