Kazoo-ing metalheads vs Westboro Baptist Church

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/11/kazoo-ing-metalheads-vs-westbo.html

15 Likes

Metalheads are an underappreciated group of mutants. Despite the scary rep, the safest and most inclusive concerts I have been to have been metal concerts, and some of the most intelligent and thoughtful music arises from the metal scene. Love me some metal!

38 Likes

I’m kinda surprised that anyone still cares enough about the WBC to pay any attention to them at all.

9 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

Phelps’ and his fellow grifters must get frustrated that they can’t run their usual lawsuit scam on aural assaults like this.

16 Likes

Frustrated enough to go home and stop bothering us? No, they are attention whores as much or more than money whores.

6 Likes

At this point it seems the only attention they get is when they’re mentioned as a cause of direct action from another group. Since the old bastard died (not gonna speak his name into the universe again), they seem to have lost a lot of piss and vinegar.

6 Likes

Well not any more. He’s been dead a few years now.

3 Likes

Shit like this makes me happy to be a metalhead. \m/

4 Likes

Any good recommendations? After years of not really caring for it I’m really starting to get into the sound of metal.
Also, anything / anyone I should avoid? There’s so much in so many languages I don’t know, and with my hearing difficulties even the stuff in English is often hard to make out. I don’t want to accidentally find myself jamming out to some neo-nazi crap.

3 Likes

Kazoo-ing

Bigots, racists, Nazis, and douche bags hate Kazoo-ing, Fact!

11 Likes

Was never a big Lamb of God fan, but they have my deepest respect for doing this.

Im an enormous metalhead, and I wish there was somebody to represent me in congress with corpse paint.

3 Likes

Am I missing the audio, or did they really cover a note-perfect version of Sanford and Son?

3 Likes

Kazoo the Yahoos.

Woooooo-hooooo!

5 Likes

Man, I love this. Absolute silly mockery by a group that could definitely shred the Westboro Baptist clowns has to hurt the most. They probably think that it would be easy to piss off a metalhead to attack them, so they could sue them. Being mocked with kazoos and the dreaded vuvuzela…

An absolutely brutal victory. (said in my best Nathan Explosion voice)

5 Likes

Sweet, sweet irony; the WBC must take it personally that the name of the band mocking them is Lamb of God. Yes, Christ has turned His face from you hypocrites!

8 Likes

And The Toy Dolls love it.

6 Likes

Broad range of sounds. Classic “intellectual” heavy metal like Iron Maiden, new stuff like Night Wish. Those are my current favorites. Old Metallica, Queensryche, Halestorm and TransSiberian Orchestra are also favorites. Personal tastes of course. Incredibly deep field of sounds in tne genre.

3 Likes

Dig that groove…baby!

1 Like

This photo is from the news story (in your face Article 13)

Christians caused “winking”? Winking? I don’t remember, “Thou shalt not wink.”

3 Likes