Kazoo-ing metalheads vs Westboro Baptist Church

This is as awesome as the time the Foo Fighters counter-protested WBC protesting their concert!

Also, TIL the WBC dingleberries are still garbage people.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a misprint

2 Likes

Alternate headline:
Westboro Baptist Church Shut Down by Lamb of God

11 Likes

It got edited out of a lot of bibles because Luther was a winker.

4 Likes

I don’t know if this is a good recommendation, but if you really just want to listen to the sound of metal, I’d check out “Frog Leap Studios” on youtube. Leo Moracchioli puts up a metal cover of a pop song every week (and has been doing so for years so there are a lot of them). The added bonus for me was that he does some covers of kids songs and my kids love metal now (my spouse does not love metal, however). I’ve probably listened to this a hundred times now:

Also if you want to make sure the lyrics aren’t about anything that even related to contemporary reality, there’s always viking metal, which wasn’t even a thing when I was a kid listening to metal.

I was reading that sign “If you teach your kids to disobey God…” It’s like, if God says killing is a no-no, then I guess me and God agree on some things. It’s not like a teach my kids to disobey God. I just don’t teach them to obey God. In fact, when my kid asked me who God was, I started by explaining what a god was, because they really had no idea.

Child: Is Christmas about baby Jesus?
Me: That’s what some people say.

4 Likes

Nightwish:

3 Likes

Depends what you like. I am more of traditional power prog kinda of guy and my favourite metal albums of the year are
Soen - Lotus
Evergrey - Atlantic
Darkwater - Human

2 Likes

We’ve got a blog post about a news article about a specific sound that doesn’t exist on any video of either site.

I like those rainbow hats.

3 Likes

They could go the Mars Attacks method also and loop some Slim Whitman.

1 Like

You gotta love a band that features Richard Dawkins quoting Darwin at length as part of a concept album.

2 Likes

Super cool, this album also features a song inspired by The Name of the Wind. Found what I will be listening to on the way home today.

2 Likes

A modern classic.

4 Likes

Why not give Lamb of God a try?

1 Like

Rock on, metalheads.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.