Couple attempts to go down the up escalator

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/02/couple-attempts-to-go-down-the.html

I feel like this would be the most appropriate moment to have a Werner Herzog narration about the futility of life.

27 Likes

When you know your train isn’t arriving for five or ten minutes, why not fool around on the escalator for a bit?

8 Likes

Where have I seen this before?

Oh yeah:

16 Likes

Found a soundtrack for the couple going down the escalator

8 Likes

Noting that she’s in front and he’s behind, and that they’re of a certain age, I’m tempted to make a you-eventually-learn-that-she’s-always-right comment. But my wife says I can’t say that…

16 Likes

"Almost there. . . almost there. . . almost there. . . "

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P19S9i3E_do

3 Likes

Gotta love it when old timers do some performance art!

4 Likes

Clearly, they learned that you have to finish what you started, or die trying.

I wonder if the Werner Herzog commentary would be really appropriate. The guy filming them is wearing DfB-Adidas silkies. That’s an awful lot of German here, and Herzog would be… over the top, I feel.

wait… what does that woman have on her feet?

Looks like an ankle bracelet. Took a while to get a good frame of it.

6 Likes

They are Republicans trying to pass the new health care bill.

11 Likes

I think I have it. It’s to illustrate the only justifiable use of a phonecam’s portrait orientation.

5 Likes

I was waiting for my wife to arrive on the Metro, and I did exactly that. The station manager came out and yelled at me.

4 Likes

That’s the woman who mis-dialed her daughter and told the 35-year-old man to go to the store and buy her ham.

9 Likes

I can think of others, but at the risk of getting banned or flagged for them:

2 Likes

The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes “Awww!" and then you go the wrong way down the escalator.

9 Likes

Well, that deescalated slowly…

27 Likes

Maybe they live in Beijing.