Court deciding whether to disbar Rudy Giuliani in D.C.

Originally published at: Court deciding whether to disbar Rudy Giuliani in D.C. | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Soon, he will have to preface his statements with “IANAL” like the rest of us.

9 Likes

It may not accomplish much, but it wall add “DISBARRED” to his record, which is what Trump’s other lawyer is desperately trying to avoid, by volunteering to retire and surrender his license before his court date.

10 Likes

8 Likes

Is that definitely what Lin Wood is trying to avoid? It sounded like he wanted to continue to file legal proceedings afterward, pro se, but maybe without the consequences of doing so as a lawyer? (IANAL)

5 Likes

I know Wood intended to continue to fight the charges against him, but his letter was very clear about voluntarily surrendering his license in pretty irrevocable terms. My first impression was that he didn’t want all the reporting (or maybe even his family tree) to forever refer to him as “disbarred lawyer, Lin Wood”.

It’s why I hope to see Trump’s name in the history books always followed by a half-dozen apostrophes explaining things like “twice-impeached”, “repeatedly indicted”, “elected by a minority of voters”, (hopefully “imprisoned”) etc. etc. With egos like what these people possess, repeatedly seeing their failures always attached directly to their name in print (rather than their accomplishments) for the rest of their lives is the best and most effective punishment I can imagine. Personally, I want a historical marker explaining the historical truth mounted to the bottom of Trump’s tombstone, even if it makes the thing six feet tall - with the tombstone itself displaying as many apostrophes as there are letters in his name.

8 Likes

At least he’ll have more time to drink scotch at the Four Seasons. Though he has to BYO.

4 Likes

Nothing material, but plenty of import, namely history, dude stumbled into “Americas Mayor” I’m so glad that piece off puffery has been powerwashed off of him. MAGAs don’t care, but there were plenty of others across the spectrum who wouldn’t have bothered to rethink that title without a compelling reason

3 Likes

Yes, similar to how Nixon resigned rather than face an impeachment fight he knew he couldn’t win. “You can’t fire me because I quit.”

7 Likes

Not to mention the EPA wants to have a word with him as well…

1 Like

2 Likes

What I’d really like to read is the headline that a court has to decide whether to lock him up for ten years or fifteen years.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.