Court orders livestream of apartment for sale to prove it isn't haunted

Originally published at: Court orders livestream of apartment for sale to prove it isn't haunted | Boing Boing

1 Like

Does the fact that nobody bought it prove that ghost-hunting is bogus?

3 Likes
2 Likes

What’s next? Attacking the legitimacy of feng shui? Qi? Is nothing sacred?

1 Like

The ghost house thing in this part of the world is real. I live in Taiwan, which shares a fair bit of cultural heritage with China, and some rental properties have a clause in the lease which allows the landlord to sue your next of kin if you commit suicide there because they have to declare any deaths on the property and it’ll tank the price. This has actually happened! Sadly rising property prices have reduced this effect, and I say sadly because I’m preparing to buy a place here. I’d love a house with a story attached!

On a related note, I teach at a senior high school here, and some of my students had an assignment just last week to design a new mobile app and explain what it was for. One group actually did a ghost house finder, basically a property search which allowed you to find which houses people had died in so you could snap up a bargain! The original idea was to have it warn people away from those houses, but they soon realised it would actually help people save a ton of money. Damn smart kids.

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.