"Not haunted" house for sale in Boston area

Originally published at: "Not haunted" house for sale in Boston area | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Google “not haunted sign”, this is a common ploy for realtors to highlight an otherwise forgettable house.

12 Likes

Or, after conducting an external efficiency review, this is how Scooby and the Gang’s new project manager has really improved their workflow.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Given that the US is backwards enough that many parts of the country require sellers to disclose if a house is “haunted”…

3 Likes

Unlike the spooky houses our competitors have on offer we can actually guarantee a 100% spectre free living space.

4 Likes

Oblig XKCD:

7 Likes

Well, if by “haunted”, you mean someone was murdered there in the last 3 years, then in certain states, you have to disclose it. And, objectively, this makes sense since it can affect the resale value. (Or, you can use it to affect the sale to yourself when buying such a home.) But state laws apparently vary widely on this topic:
https://www.apartmenttherapy.com/died-in-your-house-36833831

1 Like

In my particular tri-state town part of the contract for the house I bought specifically stated that the property was not haunted and that I could not sue claiming the property was haunted.

2 Likes

Well yes, that also (disclosing deaths and/or homicides). But there are laws, albeit a lot less common, about disclosing whether a property is considered to be ‘haunted,’ too. (e.g. in New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Minnesota)

Wouldnt that imply that someone had verified the house was not haunted, dare I say, scientifically?

5 Likes

download

4 Likes

“My ‘Not Haunted’ real estate sign has a lot of people asking questions already answered by my ‘Not Haunted’ sign”
-Johannes ‘Predictable Meme’ von Placeholder

4 Likes

As a New Englander, I’d settle for Mostly Unhaunted.

4 Likes

Who’d you gonna call for that? [scratches head]

4 Likes

Obligatory Oglaf. First page:

https://www.oglaf.com/open-house/

6 Likes

In the past I would have said I didn’t believe in haunting, but a recent article on Boing Boing about the specter for a former owner, haunting the halls of his old home, convinced me otherwise.

2 Likes

Wow. The Funky Phantom. Congratulations sir/ma’am on your dredging up an extremely old and obscure reference. Go spirit of '76!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.