COVID-19 isolation activities

I’m colouring right now!!

ETA: I did a multiple screenshot of the image, pasted it into Photoshop to assemble it but then found a quick tutorial on how to separate line art from a background - no more fuzzy edges for colouring in!! How did I not know this before!?
You have a White layer with the separate Ink layer on top, so you kind of colour underneath it.

The image is the lesson in a nutshell but below is the whole link.

12 Likes
4 Likes

Watch Russia take over Italy.

5 Likes

Base colours only so far but I think I’m going to enjoy this. (The pic is at 30% scale.)

A thread for “Creative stuff what I finished under lockdown” thread might be a nice idea.

14 Likes

Activities in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

4 Likes
21 Likes

Gillian Welch shirt!

19 Likes

Came here intending to post about Rolo’s broken tail but you beat me to it. Thanks! :heart_eyes: (for the dog, not you, soz)

3 Likes

Thought i’d give that a go as well with the same image because why not. No idea how to shade yet, i’ll have to watch the next vid. I just spent ages cleaning up around the edges where the selection tool went a bit iffy. Also, in nitro pdf reader there’s an option to actually extract the images so there may be a similar option in whatever pdf viewer you’re using.

Base colour as a test…

5 Likes

Where do you live, and how can I adopt this routine?

10 Likes

It’s a hard knock life. :wink:

More seriously, I’m a disabled pensioner and I can’t afford to live in the city. But, as a pensioner, I can afford to live in places that other people are excluded from due to the severe lack of local employment opportunities. Land is cheap down here, but jobs are virtually nonexistent.

21 Likes

If you can’t go to the zoo, why not do so virtually:

12 Likes

I had a few hours to colour today and just ignore the world outside.

14 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

No problem :grin:

1 Like

Very nice. Did you do all that shading with a mouse?

2 Likes

Thanks- and hell no! I have one of these little Wacom tablets.

I coloured it in Photoshop and every single colour is on a separate layer so I could tweak the levels later. 50 layers :scream:

11 Likes

Ahh yeah, wish i had one of those. Hint: don’t try it with a mouse. #RSI :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

The pen is kind of cool, but over 4 hours later, the hand cramp can be intense…
I only use it for colouring as I still can’t draw with it, I can’t get my head around looking at the screen and not the pen :crazy_face:

6 Likes
5 Likes