COVID-19 vaccines as New Age wellness practices

Originally published at: COVID-19 vaccines as New Age wellness practices | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Naturally occurring oxygen…

I guess. It’s all been created in naturally occurring supernovas, or through naturally occurring radioactive decay.

7 Likes

Organically released by plants in a process that also captures and stores harmful carbon dioxide.

10 Likes

I can understand, if not accept, the resistance of the religious fundies and Qnuts and right-wing Know-Nothings to getting vaccines – they have baked-in ignorance as an excuse. But the anti-vaxx stances of the educated liberals and progressives who buy into the kind of New-Age woo being parodied here enraged me long before COVID hit.

11 Likes

Virus Vaccine GIF by INTO ACTION

9 Likes

Shit, if it works for one person, I say go for it.

3 Likes

It is all religion, right? The idea that everything natural is better for us and anything man produced is clearly polluting the environment is just as faith based as god did it. In fact it really is the same idea. Both just substituting dogma for actual thinking.

7 Likes

Fundie religion, yes: the kind that sells fraudulent promises to the marks. Education and critical-thinking skills should offset it, but apparently not for everyone.

4 Likes

Religion is the suspension (or lack) of reasoning in favor of faith. One can easily worship at the alter of Science as God. Critical thinking would offset it but that is often sadly absent. Education is only useful as far as you use it to inform your critical-thinking.

“Where does he get all these toys?” (love the gif.)

1 Like

Speaking of Venn diagrams . . .

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.