Anti-Vax MAGA cartoonist not just relying on beet juice to treat his COVID-19

Originally published at: Anti-Vax MAGA cartoonist not just relying on beet juice to treat his COVID-19 | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Beet juice does actually improve cardio-respiratory function from studies involving athletic performance. Does anyone know of any results involving respiratory disease? At least it doesn’t seem likely to be harmful.

6 Likes

Hmm, I had noticed the average quality level of political cartoons had improved as of late. Now I know why.

16 Likes

“We’re taking Ivermectin and various vitamins including a lot of Zinc,” Garrison continued, explaining what he’s doing to treat the disease.

Huh. Odd to see this wingnut adopting the new mode of referring to oneself with plural pronouns.

21 Likes

I expect him to make a full recovery and be like:

ezgif.com-gif-ma2ker

28 Likes

Obviously “we” means “me and my horse worms”

21 Likes

Are the people over in /r/HermanCainAward/ taking bets on future recipients?

6 Likes

12 Likes

Flat out of f@cks for these imbeciles.

23 Likes

The latest theory in right wing circles is that the partisan gap in vaccination rates was part of a Democratic plot to kill Republicans by using reverse psychology and recommending vaccinations – knowing that Republicans will always do the opposite of what is recommended.

Red Covid - The New York Times (I’ll pass on linking to any Breitbart article)

Sometimes I admire the mental gymnastics needed to resolve the cognitive dissonance of so many people. Choosing snake oil (or “alternaive medicine”) over a free vaccination just seems so counterproductive.

From Tim Minchin: “Medicine is what we call alternative medicine that’s been proven to work”

23 Likes

G Moyo GIF by wtFOCK

10 Likes

Psst. You know what would really own the libs?

A friend today sent me a study

which made me wonder about the over/under on # of Republican voters killed by COVID, vs. the # created.

10 Likes

This is the cartoon he posted on that topic about three weeks ago. Just another MAGA cultist literally dying to own the libs.

17 Likes

Now I’m wondering what’s going on with Stan Kelly.

6 Likes

Ugh. He’s not just an idiot, which wouldn’t be so bad. He’s a fucking dangerous idiot.

(And a lousy artist to boot.)

21 Likes

His cartoons have often struck me as…off.

That one, though, I see as a reasonable expression of sympathy with tourists who fear the Covid potential in crowds.

Do you interpret it differently?

6 Likes

So he’s saying that one should take the cheap Ivermectin to fight COVID, which hasn’t been shown to be effective at all, versus getting inoculated with an “expensive” vaccine, which has been shown to be very effective. That is oh so clever. /s

8 Likes

“Stan Kelly”? It’s basically The Onion’s parody of Garrison. Which cartoon are you talking about?

5 Likes

Given the “Stan Kelly” schtick (which is basically the Onion’s parody of right-wing political cartoonists like Garrison) I took it to mean that Real American™ tourists would do well to steer clear of liberal cultural institutions like musical theater.

9 Likes

The Royal We, of course, you peons. Can you not understand the implications? (Although, in all seriousness, if I read the story right, his wife is also covid-ridden, so it my be a just-regular-plural we.)

15 Likes