Cow flees slaughter and rides waterslide

Originally published at: Cow flees slaughter and rides waterslide | Boing Boing

5 Likes

and named it Tobogã, which approximately means “sled” in Portugese.

Or possibly toboggan? (I know no Portuguese!)

How annoying that neither the inexplicable “climbed a ladder” or the inevitable “splash” were recorded.

14 Likes

i was hoping for footage of it climbing the ladder, because wtf… HOW??

5 Likes

Who built a water park next to a slaughterhouse? I imagine the smell can’t be too good at that place.

10 Likes

Exactly! “Hey everybody, let’s go to the new waterpark! It’s just down the street from the abbatoir!”

6 Likes

Here are the stairs the cow climbed to get on the slide. Apparently after the end of the linked video, someone roped the cow and led it into the pool.

pic from:

13 Likes

Girls cows just want to have fun.

“The people want to know where he is,” said Carlos Miguel Serante, “Everyone wants to know. We want to take him to the club.”

All fun and games until somebody shits on the floor.

5 Likes

The cow saw the various queue-management elements of the water park and thought “that looks familiar”.

11 Likes

Yeah, poor slaughterhouse workers being assaulted with the combined stench of piss and chlorine on a day-to-day… oh.
Nothing to see here, move along please.

6 Likes

On the plus side, I bet the burgers at the snack bar are really good.

3 Likes

This has me wondering about the etymology of the word Toboggan. Something I thought was Canadian word. Mikmaq I think.

Yes, by way of french it looks like: “…derive[d] from French tabaganne , which derives from an Algonquian word, probably Mi’kmaq tepaqan or Abenaki dabôgan , influenced by similar words in other Eastern Canadian Algonquian languages.”

Neato.

5 Likes

The cows arrive in the entrance hall here, and are carried along the corridor on a conveyor belt in extreme comfort and past murals depicting Mediterranean scenes, towards the rotating knives. The last twenty feet of the corridor are heavily soundproofed. The blood pours down these chutes and the mangled flesh slurps into these…

5 Likes

cow

…Yeah, I think if you escape execution, a pardon and a relocation to
a petting zoo/refuge farm are in order-

5 Likes

Cue music: “Cows With Guns”. :slight_smile:

Oh, chute…

1 Like

tobogã, noun, masculine: water slide (a recreational slide with water flowing down it)

3 Likes

They even created a neologism: “Toboágua”, tobogã+água, a water toboggan.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.