Cranberries singer Dolores O'Riordan died in accident, reports inquest

Probably a simply-designed Russian bot sent here to sow discord. All it has to do is lob a few ridiculous statements like “you don’t drink while BBQing” which make us question the very fabric of our existence and societal structures, and then we are lost. More lost.

I for one will not have it! I may sit in a hot bath and drink a beer just to solidify the American Dream!

1 Like

I’m drunk BBQing in a hot tub right now.

7 Likes

sniff

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ 'bout!

2 Likes

Of course meatspace me is jealous of internet me.

5 Likes

BBQ’d hamburgers and hot dogs for five hours under direct summer sunlight, while fortifying myself with Zombies full of crushed ice, when not shooting off fireworks directly from my hand. If my lack of safety towards myself and others in my immediate vicinity doesn’t scream out American, then I don’t know what does.

3 Likes

This is BoingBoing we are all Communists well technically Marxists here…

3 Likes

I’d always heard one should avoid drinking in a sauna, and never throw your drink on the BBQ.

2 Likes

I have this idea in my head that she died of an illness. This idea must have originated in my head, but I still find this news unsettling. Perhaps it’s just knowing it didn’t have to happen.

And quite a fine brothersiblinghood, I’d say…

ETA: more inclusive

2 Likes

I have to admit that I was a bit relieved to find out it was accidental and not suicide.

The seemingly endless barrage of “Famous person offs themselves” news reports really starts to grind you down.

Completely selfish thought I know, but when someone like Bourdain kills themselves, and you’re working daily as professional babysitter/ass wiper for other supposedly professional and knowledgeable adults every day, there’s a bit of “Man, Tony! You lived my dream, and your demons still got you… What F-ing chance do us normal bastards have?”.

1 Like

I don’t think that ever stopped Keith Floyd

Except for the anarchists.

One day we might have our Hague congress, but not today.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.