Crazy white people in Virginia lease land near highway on which to fly giant Confederate flag

There’s a George W Bush Parkway in Waco…

5 Likes

Ok, I can’t resist. Liking this is not enough. I laughed my ass off and you should know that.

OK, you aren’t a southerner or a West Virginian. But you call third-hand opinions you found on the Internet by search-engining your desired conclusion “evidence” and you call first-person observation “anecdotal” (showing a fundamental misunderstanding of both Wolfinger’s insight and the scientific method). One can only assume your hatred of southerners is so extreme that you will go to any lengths to include more people in that group, regardless of observed reality.

I won’t speak for slickhead, but personally I delineate the American South by the particular culture and linguistic peculiarities of her people, and when in doubt I rely on first-person observation and simply ask people how they identify themselves. My friends Chilli (Charmco, WVA) and Devil Hale (Parkersburg, WVA) and my cow-orker Tony (born and raised in WVA) all insist that the Mountain State is not in “the South”. My mother and dozens of close family in VA and North Carolina all unanimously agree that they are Southerners. That is raw ethnographic data, gathered first hand, whereas your vituperative attempts to justify a broadening of your rabid bigotry are not even second-hand.

Since clearly the entire point of your diatribe is to ridicule people you don’t know, why don’t you just start by enumerating the Americans you don’t hate without having ever met them? Wouldn’t that be a smaller group, and much easier for you to describe? Then you could get to the ad hominem and disdain much quicker. I’m just trying to help out, you know.

I live outside of Detroit. I hear gunfire pretty much weekly, and it’s not coming from the gun club on the other side of the freeway at midnight on any given Wednesday. I used that particular example to point out precisely how absurd your claim of being forced to live in the north is on it’s face. Frankly, I’d like to know who employs you so that I don’t inadvertently contribute to your alleged plunder of our bountiful northern economy. Isn’t it the least bit telling to you that you found it necessary to travel to the hated north in order to sustain your preferred lifestyle? Couldn’t find any decent paying jobs where your two houses are, eh? Your accusations of others being “carpetbaggers” is sheer projection.

1 Like

That’s my understanding also, but honestly I haven’t studied it.

In Tony Horwitz’s book Confederates in the Attic he writes about the curious phenomena of staunchly pro-confederacy and racist teenagers in states and counties that strongly supported the Union during the actual war. You have young people basically looking for something to rebel against, as per the cliche, and the most ignorant of them fly the loser flag.

During the war Delaware’s northernmost, heavily industrialized county was extremely racist but for the most part the citizens supported the Union - the other two counties (yes we only have three) were equally bigoted but tended to sympathize more with the similarly agricultural states of the South. We have a distinct cultural divide at the C&D canal - the joke is that you set your watch back 50 years when you cross over the bridge.

All I can think about is that Chapelle show clip, where he does a parody of frontline about the blind black klansman - I think it was from the first episode. The best part is when that redneck’s head literally explodes.

1 Like

Lmfao. Poor white Southern gentry. They’d uplift their poor black (and WHITE) populations if the mean old North would just leave them alone and let them do it… Hilarious. I can tell you REALLY care… As a former Arkansan and Tennessean I can smell your b.s. from out here

1 Like

3 Likes

Hey, DeuceDaily, thanks for the map site, great stuff. I have been enjoying it & applaud your happy dance.

1 Like

I miss Antinous. For more than one reason.

9 Likes

Goodbye hello.

2 Likes

Moderator note: @Cowicide, @Medievalist, I’ve taken out your comments from the point at which they devolved into off-topic insults. Please don’t do this in the future.

7 Likes
2 Likes

@Felton: I applaud your desire to keep the thread coherent, but in this one you will have to either sacrifice some continuity or retain some rude and aggressive nonsense from Cowicide. Or I guess you could spend some time editing his individual posts, but that doesn’t sound like fun to me.

I understand that I could be permanently banned or otherwise sanctioned (it’s not like Aunty Noose didn’t kick me out several times, once for a week!) but I’m still very likely to respond to the sort of execrably rude behavior that Cowicide showed here with an equally rude dose of mockery and disdain. Sorry! It’s a character flaw, I know. I did give him several chances to be civil before I started trolling…

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

2 Likes