Creepy creature captured on Texas trail camera could be Chupcabra

Originally published at: Creepy creature captured on Texas trail camera could be Chupcabra - Boing Boing

3 Likes

Here’s the picture so you don’t have to go to Twitter or Daily Star to find it:

15 Likes

or not!

contributed by Allen Rose Hill.

10 Likes
  • GOAT
  • SHEEP
  • DEER
  • PAREIDOLIA
  • CRYPTID
0 voters
6 Likes

I’m going with emaciated coyote. whatever it is, it ain’t well.

11 Likes

I think it’s Andy Serkis preparing for a new role.

19 Likes

25 Likes

… TFA also links to

5 Likes

Anything’s a Chimichanga if you’re brave enough.

20 Likes

This is the opposite of a skin-walker; it is obviously Ted Cruz in his natural form… wandering the woods, searching for dung heaps to feed on.

13 Likes

These things always turn out to be a regular animal with mange. Once the hair falls out, you wouldn’t recognize your own pet.

14 Likes

Skin-walkers? Jim Chee has entered the chat.

9 Likes

Too many artifacts influencing the perception of the image to draw any conclusions. Imagine eliminating some of them and it may even cease to look like an animal.

2 Likes

Emaciated coyote with severe mange …

5 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely a chupacabra. (squints) Or some other animal. (squints extra hard) Or some grass whose tufts have momentarily taken the rough shape of a quadruped from this particular angle. It’s definitely something, though.

7 Likes

Sigh… “it’s hard to make it what it is because the image is so blurry” ≠ “probably a chupacabra”.

4 Likes

Highly likely to be some poor animal with mange, as @Professor59 said.

A black bear with mange, and in a similar pose:
Bear with mange PGC

16 Likes

I wonder if this kind of mixup is where that racist “eating the cats & dogs” story started. Surely anyone who would eat a chimichanga wouldn’t hesitate to eat a cat or a canine, right?

2 Likes

Obviously pareidolia.
Those things are NASTY, and never what they seem to be.

5 Likes

4 Likes