Video: Mysterious, bipedal creepy creature caught on camera in New Mexico

Originally published at: Video: Mysterious, bipedal creepy creature caught on camera in New Mexico | Boing Boing

1 Like

I mean, it could be a small child walking on tippy-toes, but that scary note they play is pretty convincing.

10 Likes

6l4uot

7 Likes

I could tell it was on the up-and-up by the way the video doesn’t start until after the person is nearly out of frame.

12 Likes

Most webcams these days only start recording when their slow AI running on underpowered silicon finishes detecting. Even if I have mine record continuously to SD, the event videos start too late.

5 Likes

kinda grainy, but looks like a racoon watching a skunk walk on its forelegs

4 Likes

“Creature” is in the video for 2 seconds and we have 30 seconds of nothing… ok.

6 Likes

What, you didn’t see the second thing? The scary one?

6 Likes

Too short for a werewolf.

…dammit.

1 Like

al gore i'm cereal GIF by South Park

3 Likes

I did see a terrifying edifice that shook my soul to its very core, but then I realized it was just my face reflected in the monitor glass.

5 Likes

“Bipedal creepy creature” does describe most children, yes. It’s weird how surveillance camera owners don’t seem to realize that their infrared, low-frame rate, low-quality surveillance cameras distort things in weird ways. It’s like they’ve never actually looked at any footage of anything until the “creepy” one. If they had looked at any of the video taken in similar circumstances, they’d realize it all looks creepy.

1 Like

Creepy creature…Bipedal… New Mexico…

Who could It bê now?

wile e coyote 90s GIF

7 Likes

“Oh that’s just our mayor. He gets a little weird after knocking back a few”

2 Likes

Cool Lovecraft reference!

2 Likes

Still, watching it frame-by-frame, the lower half of the “creature” seems to be blurred the whole time. Looks like the camera lens was smudged.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.