What the hell is this dog-human hybrid? City of Amarillo wants answers

Originally published at: What the hell is this dog-human hybrid? City of Amarillo wants answers | Boing Boing

7 Likes

The Body Snatchers have arrived?

9 Likes

Furries?

15 Likes

This is the consensus. Including highlights of: “The photographer knows (is?) the subject!” With the advent of “doorbell cams” come the “doorbell cam …hams” (often au natural, for some reason). Occam’s razor suggests kinks o’er cryptozoology everytime.

4 Likes

I’ve been to Amarillo, and that city has enough inhuman monsters to worry about without dressing someone up in a furry costume.

5 Likes

I’m going with ‘floofy cat caught mid-jump’, but that’s way less fun than dragging in cryptids/sex stuff/cryptid sex stuff.

1 Like

Apparently a bunch of fur suits were stolen a few months back in the area. That would be my bet. https://www.reddit.com/r/furry/comments/rxhdwa/stolen_suits_in_texas/

5 Likes

@LurkingGrue Is this you out for a nocturnal stroll?

5 Likes

“Arroooo - Werewolves of Austin.”

It works.

My uncle used to be in a parody band in Austin. Sounds up his alley.

3 Likes

Dammit! Can’t go out for a stroll without somebody taking a photo.

13 Likes

There is a haunted house in texas that had movie-grade werewolf suits (Verdun haunted manor, part of Thrillvania); from a low-resolution night vision security camera, someone wearing one of those out for a stroll would fit the bill. (the place is nowhere near Amarillo, sadly, but one of the actors who got a retired suit (or made one of their own) might be doing it for a laugh or three…)

Short answer: probably, but with a mischievous sense of humor.

Long answer: possibly, and trying to get the zoo population riled up, or cause other problems.

3 Likes

Do not go to the Dog Park.

1 Like

El Chupacabra clearly

1 Like

It’s either Crash Bandicoot or the Honeycomb mascot

1 Like

I’m surprised you guys didn’t know the actual answer. It was Amarillo native musician & rad human Hayden Pedigo (he talked about it in his Instagram stories when this broke).

6 Likes

I see a bearded Regency Buck with goat legs and cane

2 Likes

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

It’s a werewolf!

5 Likes

tumblr_25870f8057bbab7a19f41523d6693c1e_8030101b_400

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.