Creepy poster of Trump's kids

My reaction to pictures of Trump and his kids (namely, “agh! Pppththt! I don’t want to see that!”) makes me feel slightly guilty. It’s such a visceral reaction that it’s basically racism. He’s turned me into a Nontrump Supremacist. The asshole.

11 Likes

As creepy as this picture is, I find Douchbag Von Fuckface and Thurston Shitbag the 3rd’s* previous one’s much more disturbing…

• Thank you Bill Maher for digging up their correct names.
21 Likes

I feel a little sorry for the middle one, looks extremely similar to Trump…

What age do you think he’ll turn orange at? :wink:

18 Likes

I don’t know why people are so down on these. Quality is good, and there’s no flashing or witness marks at all. Very lifelike.

They forgot to put eyebrows on the one in back, though.

22 Likes

As much as it pains me to say it, Gattacca is from 1997 and pretty much screams “middle age” these days. Perhaps it is “young people really into classic film for Trump.”

2 Likes

12 Likes

“Welcome to Trumpford. You will be happy here, believe us. We guarantee.”

9 Likes

They Live

49 Likes

Yeah, that guy is angry in just about every photo. I wonder if he thinks that’s his “serious buisness” face, or if he just goes to that emotion when stressed.

5 Likes

The bizarre thing about this ad isn’t their general creepiness but how ill thought out the whole thing is.

The caption is foolish and small minded, but it would’ve made a pretty effective ad targeted at independents if they’d used a photo of Hillary and Obama chumming around DC, or Hillary and Bill in the White House or something. But instead they paired it with this terrible photo of his adult children wearing 80s-era businesswear, which is supposed to convey… that he employs his kids, who are insiders?

But then the hashtags really throw it for a loop, because they make it clear that it’s targeted at young voters who are already Trump fans (or could be converted). Why would they think the ideal image to win over young people is a photo of three adults staring intently at the camera? Is this supposed to intimidate people into voting?

12 Likes

8 Likes

“Can you give us a smile, sir?”

“ABORT! ABORT!”

29 Likes

Stock art has carefully neutral facial expressions, though - whereas with this, the expressions, and more the combination of expressions, are really creepy.

The kids are all assholes, so it’s actually a reasonable reaction.

Young, successful adults support Trump! If they’re his children. And he employs them. (Because they pretty much hated him before he gave them lucrative positions.)

10 Likes

If there was a lossless compression algorithm for fail, this photo would be a textbook example of its use. So much fail, on so many levels, and in such a small space. The Weissman score is off the chart.

4 Likes

3 out of 5 Trump children support Trump for President!

ETA:

31 Likes

They came back a number of years ago and have stuck around. There’s a reason they were a fashion choice of female businessmen (while the article is ugh, the video explains it. here’s a better article).

9 Likes

Thanks for the interesting links!

1 Like

It’s real insider vs. outsider candidates, considering that the ‘insider’ candidate was a guest at the ‘outsider’ candidate’s wedding. Their daughters are reportedly bff’s. Trump’s disgraced former campaign manager laundered his Ukrainian payola through a hedge fund run by the brother of Clinton’s campaign manager.

4 Likes

My 1st thought was they look like the bad guys from the next Die Hard movie, and all speak menacingly with a vaguely eastern European accent.

9 Likes

I was wrong - a friend of mine on Facebook tracked down the original shot.

It really is because they’re too cheap to pay for a professional shoot - they reused a “candid shot” taken as the background photo for a 2012 story on Trump and his kids. In the context of that story, it was a reasonable photo.

See kids, this is what happens when you’re visually illiterate and a cheapass!

19 Likes