"Creepy" Sean Hannity invited show guest to hotel room

He’ll be joining Ailes & O’Reilly in their new retirement resort at the Bay of Pigs.

4 Likes

What is actually shocking to me is that it is finally being talked about and that guys like Ailes, O’Reilly et.al. all actually seeing consequences.

The salicious nature of their coverage and the on air treatment of the female anchors was always plain to me. But I didn’t expect Fox to be called on it.

6 Likes

Can’t he just go on a Hannidate whenever he likes?

3 Likes

I’m a little confused by this. He awkwardly asked a woman out? I’m not sure what year this happened in.

So I guess the issue for him is that he was married at the time. Otherwise you’d like he could counter with something like, “Wow, hearing her version of events I must have come off as a real creep. I had no idea she’d felt that way all these years.”

Instead it’s threatening lawsuits which will draw more attention and then more people will come forward and on and on.

It’s awfully embarrassing to be a guy who made a woman think he was a creep by asking her out, but it’s not career ending, especially if you took a “I’m not going to say bad things about her” high road.

7 Likes

He didn’t ask her out, he asked her in. You don’t lead with “let’s head up to my hotel room” unless you’re some kinda creep. Especially if it’s a woman who has given no indication she has any sexual interest in you.

5 Likes

Sean Hannity is a shitbag, and I’m sure he gives most people the creeps. But it does seem weird that, in the account above, she “accused” him of inviting her to his hotel room. Just didn’t really sound like the kind of thing someone can be accused of.

3 Likes

I am 100% sure that many people have led with that and found it was well received. It is embarrassing to be remembered as so creepy, but it’s also easy to gloss over by saying you don’t remember things playing out the way someone else said they did.

In addition to the being married thing, I wonder if Sean Hannity has a problem here that he knows there are dozens of other women with similar stories about him. I mean, given that he’s a Fox News host I’d lay alright odds he’s sexually harassed multiple women[1].

I guess what I’m really saying is, if the story really was just about him getting shot down by someone, he really wouldn’t have to be giving it legs by his reaction to it.

1. Yes, it’s that simple, remember that almost certainly more than 5% of men have sexually assaulted multiple women, presumably more have sexually harassed women, apply Bayes to working in a workplace where sexual harassment is accepted, etc.)
2 Likes

a “Good” conservative!!

Have a swig or two of Guinness. Better yet have a pint or two of Guinness.

Yes to all

3 Likes

Context is everything. It’s not like he was propositioning someone at a bar or a swingers resort. She wasn’t his date, she hadn’t shown any interest in him prior to that point, and she had no reason to believe the married Hannity would be coming on to her. This might not make him a sex criminal but it does make him creepy.

1 Like

Well she clarified that he didn’t specifically ask her back to his room, just the hotel. Which could easily mean drinks or dinner at the restaurant there.

I guess the bigger allegation is that rejecting his offer resulted in her being banned from Fox News.

I don’t think I like anybody involved in this story. Her views on things other than Hannity are pretty contemptible.

9 Likes

Yeah, I mean, I imagine it’s a fact that she was then never invited back on the show. But unfortunately you can’t really prove wrongdoing with that.

I agree, context is everything. I know he came across as creepy because Debbie Schlussel told me he came across as creepy, but not because of where they were or when it happened.

2 Likes

I think the problem Sean has with her story is that she didn’t pose it as a question:

“Is Sean Hannity a creepy predator? We’ll let you decide!”

2 Likes

Schlussel isn’t the most discerning finder of fact. (Uh, not to imply, in any way, that Hannity is one himself.)

For those unfamiliar with her oeuvre, Schlussel is the rabid islamophobe who pops up every few years to “remind” us how American muslims are identical to Saudi Arabian muslims, Obama is a muslim fifth columnist. and the Iran Deal will cause (rather than prevent) an Iranian Bomb.

1 Like

I read that far and thought: “Ah, this must be an @beschizza post.”

3 Likes

Ahem…

Speaking as a woman that hypothetical scenario would be one of the those “huge red flags” we’re ‘always’ supposed to be on the look out for, so that we don’t “encourage” unwanted attention or advances:

“Well he invited you to a hotel; what did you think he had in mind?!?”

O_o

9 Likes

She’s not even saying anything libelous/slanderous. Explicitly said it wasn’t harassment. “Hannity invited me to his hotel room and I said no because he strikes me as a creepy weirdo.” The first part doesn’t describe anything out of the ordinary, much less criminal or actionable, the second part is a statement of opinion.

5 Likes

But his etchings! How often does he get an opportunity to show his etchings?

2 Likes

The irony is that she didn’t say he harassed her, but because he attacked her for saying he did when she didn’t, now everyone will think he did. I just love symmetry :relaxed:

6 Likes

Maybe he wanted to invite her to Bill O’Reilly’s room? :scream:

4 Likes

Now now, that’s unfair…pigs are delicious.