Crosby, Stills & Nash's unused theme song for War Games (1983)

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/05/23/crosby-stills-nashs-unuse.html

2 Likes

Wow synthpop CS&N… I am aghast.

8 Likes

Yeah synthpop was not what I expected! Suitable for the theme though, and not a bad movie song by any means. I wonder why it was pulled? Anyone know?

6 Likes

“I’ll be the Russians” Sounds very familiar, um don’t tell me…

7 Likes

Ummm, because, crap? 1980’s?

3 Likes

Arg. The only way to win is not to play.

6 Likes

Pretty much just told the entire movie in the one trailer - just left out Professor Falken cuz - ah - spoiler alert. Anyway . . . boy that song sucked.

3 Likes

Hmmm… Well, as a certain star ship captain once said of Tribbles, there’s no accounting for taste.

1 Like

I guess it was the MTV thing. But I always got it in my head this was used in the movie for the end credit music.

1 Like

Needs a mashup with:

4 Likes

Who asked them to write a theme song for that movie? What were they thinking?

But if you played this for me without telling me who it was, I would have never guessed it was CS&N in a million years…

1 Like

It hurts.

Let’s just pretend it never happened and listen to Rubinstein’s theme again:

4 Likes

OMG. I have this single. Yes, there was a 45-RPM single released for this, and somewhere in my vinyl collection, it’s still there.

2 Likes

A pretty forgettable generic 80s song that I never would have pegged CS&N for.

OTOH watching that I noticed Barry Corbin and was kinda surprised I never associated him with War Games since his role in Northern Exposure is the one that defines him for me.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.