Cthulhu Ventures: equity from the depths

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/26/cthulhu-ventures-equity-from.html

3 Likes

Quarterly dividends that will haunt your dreams with visions of ancient, cyclopean cities and the wailing of souls born aloft on the mad wind that blows between the soft, black stars* over damned Carcosa.

* with thanks to Thomas Ligotti

ETA that I’m not sure anything could be more cosmically terrible than the current investment capital paradigm.

16 Likes

An eldritch voice on the wind whispers a name, known to the desert-dwellers as a harbinger of sorrows to come, that brings only horror to replace what was once opportunity;
“…Halliburton…”
And the sand trembles.

15 Likes

Iä! Iä Cheney fhtaghn! Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Enron wgah’nagl fhtagn!

15 Likes

I’m not liking that, just in case Exxon turns up.

12 Likes

I love the artwork on the site. You should give it a look.

I did.

A long look…

Love the artwork

You MUST love the artwork…

You will love the artwork…

… … melting… gone…

mother

7 Likes

They come, riding the Valdez, Black Boat of the Seas, Scourge of a million Auks.

10 Likes

Ah, the Mobil ones…

9 Likes

Yog Sothoth, baby!

Also: until the day that we, ourselves, rise from those same dark depths to act as the harbinger of mankind’s final doom

You mean, like Facebook and Google?

8 Likes

Why choose the lesser evil?

The GOP called, they want to know who leaked their agenda.

8 Likes

Still sounds less shady than that “Fraud Guarantee” outfit Giuliani was associated with.

8 Likes

The clue’s right there in the name, right!?

5 Likes

I’m not even sure it counts as a “clue” so much as a full-blown statement of purpose.

6 Likes

There’s no way it was a bluff.

2 Likes

I feel personally targeted.

1 Like

but can you actually buy in? I literally see no promotional material or anything suggesting a request from participation from the public… which is making me wonder if it’s an art project vs real but it looks real.

1 Like

Nothing says being disruptive like a company of almost all old white guys.
/s

1 Like

Deepwater Horizon was but an oily taste of what is yet to come. BP! BP!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.