How might the stock market react to about the forthcoming Pentagon report on UFOs?

Originally published at: How might the stock market react to about the forthcoming Pentagon report on UFOs? | Boing Boing

4 Likes

15 Likes

Two words, Occam’s Razor. Settle down people.

11 Likes

The fact that this is posted by an author with a Bigfoot as an avatar is straining my irony meter a bit.

22 Likes

Oh Wait! We already do this. No worries…

26 Likes

Assuming we have bits of alien technology, it would be very good for whichever US aerospace company (probably Lockheed) was working on the stuff. They’d be much freer to push out technology they would have been dribbling out to make it seem like ordinary terrestrial progress.

Also, very very good for gun stocks.

7 Likes

Given my recent rants about preposition abuse, I am bound to ask if the stock market will react to or react about

How might the stock market react to about the forthcoming Pentagon report

I’m more concerned about how the alien UFO occupants will react. :wink:

1 Like

Well, it is the stock market, so chances are “irrationally”.

12 Likes

Fantasy “report” reaction?

How does anything make wall street feelz?

4 Likes

That would be a great name for an alien starship!

13 Likes

Hail Ashtar Sheran!

2 Likes

Depends on whether the aliens are buying or selling.

7 Likes

BTW: That’s the name of my Star Ship floaty toy I use in the tub on bath day.

5 Likes

Hmmm. Liberals would be happy with new energy production tech even if said tech isn’t of earthly origin so green energy stocks would go up. Conservatives would paint alien existence as a threat so defense stocks would go up quite a lot.

2 Likes

You forgot the new citizens of Earth would be consuming Fast Food products [or Humans], so the silver lining for that sector too.

5 Likes

Hmmm… You’re assuming it has new energy production tech. Why can’t it run on coal?

3 Likes

Sigh… it’s just going to be a whole bunch of images of blobs, nothing more.

2 Likes

Hmmm…“clean coal” is a made up science fiction technology, so why not indeed?

4 Likes

“It this a Bull market, or a Bear Market?”

“Actually, it is more a Fhtagan Market.”

11 Likes

There is a Gray Market joke in here somewhere too. Help me find it.

9 Likes