Cushy plea deal for Maryland Judge who had defendant tortured in court

And what about consequences for the people who bought the equipment in the first place?

2 Likes

What did they do wrong? I think it’s clear that the deputy and judge each made mistakes for which there should be consequences.

I’m serious.

2 Likes

He seems like a habitual offender… maybe it’s time to get him off the bench altogether.

5 Likes

I believe the defense would be “I was only following the orders of Der Kommandant…”

2 Likes

From a news account of the incident:

King said he knew Nalley had been convicted and sanctioned for deflating a tire at the courthouse. The transcript of the exchange between King and Nalley is five pages long; it appears that Nalley ordered King shocked within two or three minutes of encountering him. Early in their exchange, King asked Nalley for his “Superior Court GA 15 Certified Delegation of Authority Order.” King said he was trying to determine whether Nalley, in light of his tire deflating conviction, was allowed to serve as a judge. “I didn’t think he was in good standing to oversee my case,” King said.

But the “Superior Court GA 15 Certified Delegation of Authority Order” has nothing to with the professionalism (or lack thereof) of the judge. Rather, it is an order that purportedly vests Jurisdictional Authority in a lower federal court-- and as this was a Maryland Court, it’s irrelevant.

It’s all explained here, in rather exhausting detail.

At the same time, shock bracelets are intended to prevent escape and violent assault, not violations of courtroom decorum-- or tedious recitation of pseudolaw.

Thought experiment: if this defendant had kidnapped a judge and tortured him with a Taser, how long a sentence do you think he would have received?

4 Likes

Depends if the defendant lived or died. If they lives then the judge might receive 5 years, 10 years? If they died then no charges would be laid.

1 Like

I don’t know about a man per se, sounds like a overgrown sense of entitlement wrapped in a man-child shell.

2 Likes

They were just doing what they were told…

1 Like

Fortress? I liked it, but the sequel was terrible. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.