Cute cartoon about a parking spot stealer

I put a trigger warning in the post for control freaks! Chalk this one up as millennial “humor.” 2.5 million of them watched, and the~150K who liked it can’t be wrong! Or can they???

3 Likes

What made me laugh about it was how much time they spent creating such a pointless story. I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea.

6 Likes

Catholics not respecting a sign? What has the world come to!?

kind of pointless

Strange as it sounds, there are plenty of good reasons to want to use a treadmill at a gym instead of jogging outdoors. A treadmill will maintain a pace for you. The ground outside is uneven. Ozone and other particulates make outdoor activity hazardous to some people. A gym has a staff on hand to help if you do fall.

That was, indeed, a ton of effort put into an incredibly inconsequential and not-very-funny-in-any-way story with zero payoff. I’m really not sure why Domics thought this minor incident was animation-worthy but I guess the bar for YouTube entertainment is kinda low. Still, it got him several million hits!

1 Like

I used to drive to a gym every day to run on a treadmill. The weather where I live is rarely good enough to exercise outside (jogging with 2 feet of snow on the ground is no fun) and at the gym I could do a bit of running, then weights, then rowing, or any number of machines. And the gym itself was 5 miles away, so not exactly a quick jog.

Well I for one found this video worthwhile. It’s important to occasionally remind oneself why one doesn’t want to hear from self-obsessed weeaboos who feign passionate views on boring salaryman minutiae as a way of gloating that they don’t technically live with their parents.

1 Like

I think you nailed it that it is definitely millennial humor. Because this mid 40-something would definitely have gotten him towed and probably slipped the tow driver $100 to NOT be gentle with the car.

1 Like

I’ve been a landlord for 20 years. The ONLY conflicts I’ve had to deal with in all those years have been over parking spots – once I even had an otherwise-mild tenant kick in a door in anger because he was so upset that his spot was occupied. At one point I simply closed the lot and stopped offering off-street parking because I couldn’t deal with the drama.

My guess? It’s because when people get home from work they really have to pee.

1 Like

100% this. I can vouch for my bladder.

2 Likes

MORAL: Don’t ever give them a third chance.

I watched about five minutes of this, and now I hate everybody.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.